What op-amps are used in X20 pro?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by vagiister, Oct 15, 2018.

1. vagiister

vagiister New Member

I want to plug my beyerdynamic T1 mk2 into my X20 PRO XLR sockets, for which i need to buy a wire with XLR LR plugs.

But which opamps are using after the 9038dac? I can't find any inside photos of the audio board.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good request!

Items to look at for known impact on audio quality of a DAC in general:
    - Power sourcing for the four DC inputs of the SABRE chip and analog out.
    - The crystal oscillator brand/type
    - The OpAMps used for audio amplification RCA and XLR outputs.

3. vagiister

vagiister New Member

I guess i will end up opening it by myselfo_O, bye bye my warranty.

4. vagiister

vagiister New Member

I asked zidoo customer service on taobao, which opamp they use, he said 9038q2m…do need some more training.

5. Nice Monkey

That is the SABRE DAC itself not the AMP's (probably has 4).
    Is there really a seal on it?

6. vagiister

vagiister New Member

9038q2m is the mobile version of 9038 pro, I thought X20 pro DAC should be 9038 pro...

I couldn't find my screwdriver yesterday, gonna open it tonight.

7. vagiister

vagiister New Member

It IS 9038q2m, which is the mobile version of 9038. Well, with x20 pro's price, I guess 9038pro is kinda out of reach. There are 3 opamps: 6863s/1643c, can't find any infomation on these.

Attached Files:

8. Nice Monkey

Thanks for the pictures. Would also have expected the Pro chip.
    The oscillator is r98.3 0D 8H or something like it?

Using 3 AMPs means using a shared Dual AMP for RCA L+R:

Bottom line the most important thing is how it sounds?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  9. vagiister

vagiister New Member

Yeah, I thought that SMD is oscillator, r98.3 OD 8H?
    I have not used my Beyerdynamics T1 mk2 on X20 pro yet, can't compare it with my modded ASUS Essence ONE. Right now I use Edifier S2000TM 2.0 with it for movie and some lossless audio, It's a simple setup and I would say the audio quality is worth the money.

10. vagiister

vagiister New Member

The 9038pro chip alone would cost around $60:)

11. ahuman

ahuman Member

it is not what they say in the product description : ESS 9038 Professional DAC Audio processing Chip
    people will expect pro chip, and i think it is one of the main reason buying x20 pro.

12. vagiister

vagiister New Member

Yeah, I thought it's 9038pro too. But on second thought, an DAC board with 9038pro at this price, you can't really expect it to sound good, 9038q2m is by no means weak, and the circuit design is more important than the dac chip itself nowadays .

DUNE 4K ULTRA uses 9038pro, price unknow?
    I'm gonna keep the x20 pro till there's a dobly vision android solution.

13. ahuman

ahuman Member

thanks vagiister for the great information regarding the DAC and ,uch appreciated that you took a risk opening x20 pro. Yes, you were right, i checked dune ultra and it is about 1400 eur. i am looking forward to hear your test using beyerdynamics compared to your previous setup.

14. vagiister

vagiister New Member

Probably won't do that now, x20 pro is a pre-amp, without dedicated headphone amp section, and i can't find any information about the opamp.

15. ahuman

ahuman Member

so means that if i want to connect to my headphone, i can plug 2 RCA out to my pre amp section in my AVR right?

16. vagiister

vagiister New Member

yes, if your AVR has LR analog input.

17. Nice Monkey

Most balanced headsets should sound just fine using the XLR outputs directly (4V is enough).
    Volume can be controlled digitally via the DAC remote control (or via the buttons on it).
    Using a power AMP in-between reduces quality for sure. A dedicated quality matching headphone AMP is the universal solution.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  18. Amerigo

Amerigo New Member

Hi Folks,
    The most probably Zidoo used dedicated Ricore Technology RT-6863S OP-Amps in their units based on ESS DACs.
    Reference design and genuine components is much better then "inventing own wheel"

upload_2023-7-12_11-2-50.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023