What does the “FN” function button do on the Remote

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Dr. Audio, Jul 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

I was intrigued by the diamond with the dot in center named FN on my new remote for the A6. I pressed it a few times and nothing happened to let me know its secret. I wrote Eversolo. Here is their mysterious answer. No instructions on how to use it as a “shortcut key!”

Does anyone know the secret??

Here is their answer. Not too enlightening.
    “Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out to Eversolo!
    Regarding the issue, it is FN(CUSTOM KEY), supports customizing it as a function key, shortcut key.
    Thanks!
    Eversolo”

Attached Files:

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

FN stands for Function normally. So it may be programmable or be assigned/mapped to a task via a player setup.
    Most likely the last and not to be mapped yet. May be upcoming?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    Dr. Audio likes this.
  3. videogamedrome

videogamedrome New Member

Mine adds/removes a song that I'm currently listening to to my favourites.

Dr. Audio likes this.
  4. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

Another good question thread. I was wondering the same thing.

I'm sure I can come up with some other functions I'd rather have it do than add or subtract favorites. Now we just need to know how to program, if its really doable on the A6.

I wish the screen off button did more, like toggle between off, then the meter choices, then back on.

As is, a lot of the remote buttons are basically useless for stereo rack people like me who have A6 volume control turned off.

5. robj

robj New Member

does this remote actually do anything? I can use the eye button to turn display on and off, toggle outputs, mute, but I can't seem to search songs on Amazon

6. RTStream

RTStream New Member

I have the diamond with the dot in the centre (FN) button. Mine simply toggles the display selection.
    If it supports custom functions I sure as hell can’t figure out how to customise it.

7. robj

robj New Member

if you hold it for around 1/2 hour I think the unit powers down & comes back as an A-8 minus a few connections of course.
    Don't let this get out, as it may impact sales of the higher end unit.Make sure you have new batteries in before trying this at home, you don't want to run out of juice halfway through the upgrade

Alan Rutlidge and Asax like this.
  8. robj

robj New Member

pro tip, tape your thumb to the button to ensure you don't accidentally remove your digit from the remote during the process.

Asax likes this.
  9. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

Good to read humour is still alive and well on this forum. Had a good chuckle when I read this. Thanks for posting. :p