VS10 Engine does not output HDR10+ on P8/HDR10+ content with HDR/HDR10+ only display - Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nathan W, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

I've found an issue on newest beta version 6.4.20 where if you play "Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible" content on a HDR/HDR10+ display without DV support it outputs the HDR layer instead of the HDR10+ layer on auto through the VS10 engine. Either the VS10 engine should output HDR10+ (don't know if its capable of doing that) or output HDR10+ normally.

This is specific to P8, as P7 falls back to HDR10+ correctly.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Confirmed.

As far as I know VS10 doesn't support HDR10+ since it's a competitor to Dolby but the VS10 engine should not be called in this instance.

Will report to devs (the previous "Mapping HDR10" issue you found has already been reported)

In the meantime, a workaround is to set HDR to "Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (for sdr content)"

Of course this is not a long term solution because SDR is then converted to HDR10, but at least it will allow you to use the HDR10+ layer of Profile 8 correctly until a fix is done.

I can also confirm that Profile 7 correctly uses the Realtek engine to play the HDR10+ layer in this case.

3. Nathan W

Nathan W Member

Appreciate the quick response as always.

Markswift2003 likes this.