V2.1.4.2 broke my x10 - now it stutters on everything

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by ursiel, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I installed v2.1.4.2 as my x10 was beginning to stutter randomly on movies and shows shot in 23.976. It had been behaving well for months while using v2.1.4.0 until it started acting up. So I decided to install the latest update hoping it would stabilize things.

Instead, now it stutters on everything I play randomly. This is using media center's native app to play. It's not consistent and it's not timed like the old 23.976/24.000 timing stutter. It just seems to drop frames randomly several times during a film. The audio does not drop out. It also has a hard time starting playback. Often it stutters badly immediately, both audio and video, when hitting play, and I have to stop and restart playback several times before it starts playing right. Sometimes the screen is filled with green lines when first starting playback. It's worse if I select "change frame rate and resolution", which is what I used to leave it on all the time. Now it's on "change frame rate only" which seems to help but it still stutters.

I also did a full factory reset, which didn't help at all. And even after the factory reset it was still on v2.1.4.2

Is there any way to go back to the previous firmware? It won't let me install v2.1.4.0 because it's older. So now I'm stuck with an unusable player. Not happy.

2. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Same here. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but my internal disk died too, after a few weeks with this firmware.
    Did you manage to downgrade?

3. droiter

droiter Member

My problem is hdd sleep, is broke. Because when active after time. Zidoo disable hdd and i neccessary restart zidoo.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have a look on @McBluna 's site - he has all the recovery images there:

https://www.mcbluna.net/wp/zidoo-recovery-images/

This let's you revert to an old image then update to the one you want.

5. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Is it possible for Zidoo to just reiterate firmware 2.1.4.0 with a new number like 2.1.4.3, so we can install it without the risk of bricking the unit or losing all our data?

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

I will add it may have 'broke' the 'HDMI In' causing audio to be recorded at a very slow speed separate from the video.
    I wish I saw this thread sooner. :(