v1.0.15 issues to fix

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by Bluesmanuk, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread where we can list all the specific issues/bugs that need fixing for the next firmware update.

Should make it easier for Zidoo to pick them all up in one place.

So, as I understand things they currently are:

• Cores not running at full 1.5Ghz (Update - Confirmed never to happen)
    • 3D playback not working
    • Kodi only running 2 cores
    • Zidoo codec not smooth when playing .MKV files
    • Navigation bar layout not standard
    • On screen keyboard blocks out data entry fields in browser
    • VPN's do not work at all (at least not Cyberghost and Hotspotshield)
    • Overheating issues causing lockups at around 86C
    • Video resume with internal player is not smooth
    • WiFi/Ethernet speed isn't always that great
    • Notification icons are far too large
    • Bug 13678484 (FakeID) fix not applied by default
    • Possible improvements to UI to make it sharper (as per user59's build prop modifications)
    • SuperSU can take up to a minute to grant root privileges to apps

Add more if I have missed any.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    freeroc and hieuhien.vn like this.
  2. user59

user59 Member

USB keyboard k400r need to enable hardware after reboot, if not the on screen keyboard pops on and get in the way.

3. hieuhien.vn

hieuhien.vn Member Beta test group

I confirm that 3D playback not working because when I playing 3D ISO file, it only show 2D and not auto change to 3D like X9 (I'm using 1 TV and 1 file to test this). And when I playing ISO Bluray file and mkv h265 file, they're not smooth, often stop when playing. Tomorrow, I'll test more, may be about playing game on X1 and let you know if it have any problem. I hope Zidoo can fix these problem soon, thank you very much!

4. csgabe

csgabe New Member

CEC not working for me(didn't work on 1.0.14 either). I have a Samsung 32H5500 TV which has Anynet+. I can see aw-soft.CEC device, but can't connect. "Enable CEC control" is checked in Settings->Display.
    Tried multiple HDMI cables.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  5. spring

spring Guest

Sorry,the Anynet+ is different protocols,we plan to be compatible it in the future.

6. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

With regards to the list that has now been compiled, can you give some indication of which ones you expect to fix in the next firmware?

Thanks.

7. papirus

papirus Member

Greetings from Turkey...

Problems i've seen on X1...

1- While watching 720p MKV videos, subtitle sometimes shows up bottom of screen, sometimes top of screen. It's kinda strange. ( Tvdvideo )

2- I've seen low-fps problems while even running 720P MKV videos, it doesn't run smoothly. Occasionally, i've seen noises on screen. (Tvdvideo and KODI )

3- Zidoo RC works well, but the OK button in the program sometimes does not work. It doesn't react everytime.

4- We cannot take a screenshot from video screens. Screenshots are fully black.

5- While playing videos on devices own mediaplayer, selected subtitle shows up on almost the center of the screen. It should be automatically
    on bottom. ( Tvdvideo )

6- There is no editing chance to change subtitles position on the screen. There should be a setting option for that. ( Tvdvideo )

7- The encode settings in the subtitle menu cannot be saved in the memory. Everytime, we have to select the Turkish encode
    setting again and again.( Tvdvideo ) ====> (same problem with X9)

8- Button sound cannot be silenced from the Android settings menu.

8. Jens

Jens Member

TVDvideo: Once again the subtitles.

With the current version 1.3.4 I do not have the chance to switch off the subtitles at all or to activate the forced subtitles only. (works fine with Kodi).

9. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    Thanks these feedback,we will carefully for each problem identified and corrected.Now reply to some questions as follows:
    1:720p Mkv--Can you provide a video in question does?

2:Very sorry,the video lay is not on the OSD lay,and the screenshot only OSD lay.

3:The encode settings in the subtitle menu auto to switch as default, it's only to not recognize encoder case.

4:And the other problem we will improve those.

10. csgabe

csgabe New Member

Please add to the file explorer app an option to change font size & a slider or checkbox for text to be in bold or not, because text in bold is easier to read.

11. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

What is the timescale for the next update?

I would be happy with regular OTA updates that solve even just one or two issues in advance of any full ROM release.

12. hieuhien.vn

hieuhien.vn Member Beta test group

13. cserem

cserem New Member

Hi!

What I am having trouble with is pausing video playback in Kodi.
    After about 1 minute 6 seconds (tested with multiple (standard definition) files, but to be sure go for 1m10secs, or more) if I continue playback,
    the video starts to lag/shutter a bit after every 2 seconds, and the audio is being slowed down (sounds are getting lower toned, like if a woman speaks, and it sounds like a man is talking)
    In System > settings > Video > Playback is on default settings (tried to fool around with framerate sync and audio clock settings, but the results are the same)

If I stop/restart restart the playback the problem persists, even if I open a new video.
    To return to same playback quality the best method I figured is: Exit from Kodi propely with its "power button" shaped exit button on the bottom left, AND
    after that removing Kodi from the recent apps.
    (If I just remove it from recent apps and start it again it does not work, I have to exit it properly)

Anyone could confirm this?
    If you can not reproduce I can send sample media.

Thanks

14. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    pls send the video to me.

15. barisg

barisg Member

I have 20 mbit/sec internet capacity. Zidoo X1 is only 15 cm away from the modem and after the latest (v1-0-15) update, the connection speed reduced to 50 kbyte/sec.

Is there anyone having the same problem?

16. barisg

barisg Member

When air mouse is used, the mouse cursor is far too small on the screen and very hard to move from one point to another. On the next update, the cursor size should be made selectable by the user and bigger cursor should be added to the library.

Zidoo X1's airmouse function on internal remote control is not useable at all.

17. cserem

cserem New Member

- I ran a couple other tests: its not my external HDD that is causing the problem, the same thing happens if I copy the files to the internal SD storage.
    - The problem exists for both starting the playback from within Kodi, or from file explorer and opening file with Kodi.
    - Altough I am pretty sure all of my videos act the same, I have cherrypicked a few a samples:
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!EdNFiRLD!9EmK8-4MegCk2lamaLOM0w

Actually I am kind of surprised noone else experiences the same thing (because the wide coverage of my videos).
    Could some of the X1 users please check if the audio/video breaks after atleast 1m10secs of pause?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  18. barisg

barisg Member

1. As the device is rooted, I installed "Adfree" apk to get rid of advertisements.
    2. Both Zidoo X1 and my Android mobile phone are connect to the same wifi network. And the mobile phone has Zidoo RC app installed. However, the app does not find the device and Zidoo RC is not functioning at all. Is it based on bluetooth or wifi?
    3. The device is connect to internet but it does not automatically update the date, time and the location. From the IP, user's location and the time in that location can be easily updated as it is on weather apps.
    4. EasyCast app is install by default, but I did not understand how to use it by mobile phone. If we need EasyCast dongle to benefit from this app, it shall be deleted on the next update. Among the number of potantial X1 users, EasyCast dongle owners should be very very small in number.
    5. The default video player language is in Chinese, even if the system language is different. This shall be in line with the system language and shall be fixed in the next update.
    6. Default browser is faster than Chrome but it is outdated, Mega.co.nz wants it to be updated.
    7. When Ziui Tile launcher interface is used, the default browser does not appear on the Apps menu. This shall be fixed. I installed ES3 browser and used embedded FTP function to copy files from and to the device.
    8. There is no "Share" function embedded on default browser. So, any file within the browser stays inside the box. Default browser shall be changed in the next update.
    9. On 47" Full HD Smart TV, Gmail app does not show attachement and send buttons even if the HDMI screen output is 720p. Screen allignment shall be corrected. This is the same when the HDMI screen output is 1080p. It is impossible to send any email on gmail.
    10. My PC is 2 meters away from the modem and Zidoo X1 is only 15 cm away. Both are connected to the same home wifi network. Here is the download speed comparision of the same files at Mega.co.nz Check the connetion speed at the right bottom, circled with red. Wifi connection speed must and shall be improved. The image on the left is Zidoo X1, on the right is Windows 7 PC. AndroidTV.JPG PC.jpg Due to the lack of physical antenna, the wifi connection speed is drastically low. It creats huge problems on IPTV and streaming applications. The device does not create a good job on these tasks. Physical antenna is a must. Here is the distance between the modem and Zidoo X1. 20150725_181040.jpg
    11. In "Settings" some of the menu and the explanations are in English, even if the system language is something different.
    12. "Time-out" warnings are frequent at Google Play. Re-load option does not solve the problem, the device re-connects to modem via wifi, only after the reboot.
    13. The default interface, H3UI, changes the location of apps in every reboot or every different Apps tab click. I installed SBP 3D Shell and it is quite fast and more stable/useable than Zidoo interfaces like Tile, Frisbee or H3. However, left-right-top-down buttons on the remote controller does not work on SBP 3D Shell interface. You must use airmouse.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  19. Maurice01

Maurice01 New Member

I had the same problem as well. I pause a lot, so I've encountered this issue almost everytime I use the X1.

I uninstalled Kodi and installed the 15.0 version from the Play Store. This fixed the problem.

20. Jens

Jens Member

It is using Wifi and is working fine with my nubia Z7 Max. So there must be a wrong configuration on your side.

Install the newest player version from

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/the-new-firmware-v1-0-15-for-x1-release.401/page-2#post-1694

to get another language.

As far as I know your are loosing the capability to pass through the raw audio stream to an external AV receiver (only downmixed PCM is available) when using another Kodi version than the Zidoo build.