UPnP issues on DMP-A6 after v1.2.44_beta

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Andre.Gosselin, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Andre.Gosselin

Andre.Gosselin New Member

I applied latest firmware release on my DMP-A6 (ME), hoping it would fix the UPnP issues I experienced before. Unfortunately, important issues remain which make the internal UPnP control point difficult to use reliably. I experimented with 2 different UPnP servers (MinimServer and MediaMonkey) running on a NUCI7/Win-11 from an iPhone and an Android tablet.

1- When trying to browse available UPnP servers on the Eversolo panel or after activating CAST mode on the EVERSOLO app pn my mobiles, the display shows nothing.
    2- If I exit the CAST mode on my mobiles and go to Streaming>UPnP, UPnP servers are shown. This is wrong.
    3- However, inside this list, servers are shown even if they are not currently active. The app shows servers which were once running but have since been shut down for a long time. I even went so far as shutting down my NUC/Win 11 machine, and the Eversolo app kept announcing the presence of the UPnP servers for as long as 3 days. It seems the app is somewhere "caching" the UPnP servers names. This is not normal.
    4- On the Android tablet, when browsing available entries on either the Minimserver or the MediaMonkey (for ex. Albums, Location, Album Artist), the listing stops after exactly 50 entries shown (eg. only the first 50 Albums, Album Artist, Location, etc are shown). This 50 number does not look to be a coincidence. It seems the Android app stops querying the UPnP server once some sort of limit has been attained on the number of items received. Restarting the app did not solve this issue.
    5- A few times I was able to get somewhat complete lists, but could not figure out what I did to obtain that result.
    6- On the iPhone app those limits show up on some entries, altough much less frequently and with the limiting number much higher (I could not count them reliably). Usually restarting the app a few times (or the iPhone in cases where the app acted very stubborningly), fixed the issue. The problem here is that the app behaves somewhat erraticaly.

Maybe the size of my library (6200 albums, 120,000 tracks) is at hearth of the problem. But note that BubbleUPnP control point (which runs on Android), has no difficulty whatsoever navigating the MinimServer or BubbleUPNnP library.

Hope that this info can help Eversolo devs.

2. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

I have the problem that the UPnP server is there but no music directors underneath it
    When i go back in the menu and wait 5 minutes the music folder is there with all the music. It looks you have to look in UPnP before it get filled.

3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Well, if you are a UPnP client of course you need to query your server to know what music it's there...

4. Birdybird123

Birdybird123 New Member

Is there no auto scanning in the beginning before i access the UPnP .

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Its performance would depend on the size of the collection... what if you have 100K tracks? (people do)
    Usually UPnP can do 1st level automatic scan - normally at this level you have all the artists - to give you something to start with... going deeper could (would?) ruin the user experience IMO. Would also require memory exponentially... again, all library-dependent, but a possibility nevertheless.

6. sk-victor

sk-victor Member

I also have a problem with UPnP. Eversolo cannot see all shared content. There is a limit that wasn't there before. Yes, I have about 90,000 files shared, but so far there has been no problem.

7. Steve Hannon

Steve Hannon New Member

I just started using the A6's uPnP client with the Synology NAS Media Server. I'm having a similar problem to above. The A6 always displays the NAS server name. But I have to try several times to get the A6 to display any music files - folders, artists, albums playlists, etc. It just shows a blank list with 'Back' and curved return arrow. After returning to previous screen and coming back (multiple times), then directory structures appear. This happens for each level in my music structure. For example, when I finally get the category list (By Folder, All Music, Playlist, Smart Playlist, By Album, By Artist, By Genre), I select one of the categories, and I get a blank list with 'Back' and curved return arrow. After a few attempts, I finally get to a song list. I only have 1500 songs in my NAS library. Are there any settings available with the A6 uPnP implementation?

8. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

I reported this issue back in June 2023 LINK. Still no fix.

It would appear that Eversolo has no plans to fix the issue.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024