Issue With UPnP/DLNA and JRiver Server

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Mantis Toboggan, Jun 22, 2023.

1. Mantis Toboggan

Mantis Toboggan New Member

Hi @mirror,

I am writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I am facing with the Eversolo control app UPnP functionality and JRiver Server on the Android control app.

While using the control app on my Android device, I can successfully detect and connect to the available servers through UPnP. However, despite being able to see the servers, the content does not populate within the app. I am unable to browse or access any media files or content from the JRiver Server.

Would you please advise on how I may access and play the media files on the server with the control app?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Mantis Toboggan

Am I the only one having issues with UPnP?

Also tried Minimserver and BubbleUPnP Server and both fail to show up under Streaming\UPnP.

What am I doing wrong?

3. Roberto Wersanie

Roberto Wersanie New Member

Hi,
    same problem at my configuration

EverSolo DMP-A6 : Ethernet connection
    Minimserver on win10 : Ethernet connection
    On the display of DMP-A6 it shows under streaming/UPnP only my UPnP Server on my Router (Fritzbox)

minimserver configuration is ok, because other Mediaplayers (Teac, Ropieee, WiiM pro, Denon) detect minimserver and play

at the moment only the EverSolo App doesn't detect minimserver. I hope this will be fixed soon.

I'm using successful "Audionet Remote Control Point (RCP)" as control app on win or Android.
    it streams from minimserver to EverSolo DMP-A6

Mantis Toboggan likes this.
  4. Mantis Toboggan

BubbleUPnP and JRemote also works with DLNA to the DMP-A6 however the first fraction of a second of each track is cut off whenever there is a sample rate change. Not a big deal if playing full albums but a real pain when listening to a playlist of mixed tracks with varying sample rates.

Eversolo needs to add a feature that will add latency or silence to the beginning of the track whenever there is a sample rate change that will allow the DAC time to synchronize. Apps like JRiver, Audirvana and Roon have this. Even Wiim offers this feature and their product is a fraction of the price of the DMP-A6.

I hope that they fix this soon too. I've been waiting for a number of bug fixes. The UPnP issue and the promised and advertised integration of Amazon Music top the list.

gmon, Roberto Wersanie and Nutul like this.