Update of sources in HT4 not possible ??

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Gramophone, Apr 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi guys,
    I am facing a severe problem here on my Z9x, precisely R81.

First, I am not new to to the orb and use ZDMC and Kodi for quite a while now.
    Just a few days ago, I noticed how cool ht4 is, and scanned my whole library into it.
    It’s really great. I love the gui, and the whole appearance.
    Now, I found the following problem.

As not all movies or series are found directly by the scanner, one needs to tell ht by hand in the described way, which they call rematch.
    Works very well.

Now, as soon after one has rematched a file, the update process of a source does not work anymore.
    No matter, if you put a new folder on a drive, or what ever you do, it will not show up after an update.
    I have even erased a source and rescanned it. No chance. It will always appear like it was before the rematch.
    Sources, that have no rematch will update normally.

I hope someone has a solution for that.

Many thanxxxxxxx. :)

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what you mean by this - it sounds like you're saying if you have a movie that's either not matched or matched incorrectly and you then manually rematch it and subsequently add any further movies, they are not scanned.

This would be normal - by erasing a source you're deleting entries from the database so if you then re-add that source, it will scan the same as it did the first time - so if there were errors the first time, they will appear again if you rescan that source from scratch.

3. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for you reply.
    You described it in the right way.
    So here is, what I do.

I am new to HT4, but not to Kodi or ZDMC. But I recently noticed, how really cool HT is.
    I am working with a R81.

So I scanned all of my drives in my nas into ht. Then I did rematches, on a few movies and series, which is always necessary, using the official rematch process in ht.

After the rematch I made a few other changes on one drive, like adding a folder or moving a file.

Any further update process of the drive never reflects any change on the drive.

One drive did not have any rematch. This drive always reflected any change after an update. After I did a rematch on this drive, update was not successful as well.

I even erased a drive and did a new scan. Even after doing this, it showed the status after the rematch and did not show any changes, that I did after the rematch.

Now, rematches are always necessary. And of course I do changes on my drives, like adding files or adding folders etc.

I don’t use TMM, and would like to avoid it.

I would be more than happy, if you could help me.

4. Markswift2003

Really not sure what's going on here - as you say, rematches are generally necessary at some point but I've never seen the problem you describe.

I just did a test - I have 3 NAS drive sources for my movies so I rematched an existing movie on one drive to something else. I then added a new movie to that drive and it was immediately scanned and identified.

I know you said a source without a rematch works, so this question doesn't make a huge amount of sense, but just to check - have you got "Automatic Updating Sources" switched on?

upload_2022-4-8_12-23-3.png

5. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi, and again many thanks for your help and time.
    Yes I tried the automatic function on and off. No change.
    Maybe this is only happening on the R81? Or I did something wrong during my fumbling around with the ht.
    I think I will reset it. But I don’t know how. Is there a real reset function? Or can it be done by changing the language?
    Many thanks. :)

6. Markswift2003

HT can be completely reset by going to Settings/Library/Clear Data/"Clear"

Not sure what you mean by "R81" by the way.

7. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

This is an official clone by a company called Orbsmart. Should be identical. But you never know. I will do the reset later and tell you what’s happened.
    Many greets, Gregor

8. Markswift2003

Ah ok - yes I've heard of them, but I don't know how the firmware update process works on them... Could be a compatibility problem. HT4 is obviously an Android app but it relies on exact Zidoo firmware and although generally forward compatible (in terms of HT releases) it's not necessarily backwards compatible - depends on firmware versions and HT versions.

9. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

I have reset the library. Still the same effect. The new scan does not show a test folder, that I put on a drive after the rematch from yesterday. That’s really bad. Hope the real Zidoo will work fine.
    Anyway many thanks for your help and time.
    Many greets, Gregor

10. Markswift2003

I've never seen any such issue with Zidoos and I've been testing HT since before it was released on several SOCs.

11. Gramophone

Gramophone Member

Hi, I found it. The error is in front of the computer aka media player.
    For tests I always put empty folders on the drives. The overview does not show empty folders.
    It’s too clever.
    Thanks for your support and help again.
    Sometimes things like this happen :)
    Thx and greets, Gregor.

12. Markswift2003

Ah - that would do it!

There needs to be at least something there for the scanner routine to recognise, even if it's just a changed graphics file!

Pleasure to help out Gregor :)

13. Gramophone

Gramophone Member