Unified Firmware for Like Chipsets RT1619DR

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by nc88keyz, Mar 29, 2022.

1. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

After 6 years or more in the set-top business you would think Zidoo could work on a unified firmware for all supported models with the same chipset / variation. We have gotten fewer beta releases than ever before for everything but the Z9X on this generation. This kind of penalizes those who purchased the pro models. such as the Z1000pro and UHD30000 and Z10Pro. I realize resources are probably stretched with latest variant, but unified firmware is long overdue for these boxes and should be a paramount priority.

boolian and JohnG like this.
  2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

The Z9x will always get the most test release firmware updates as its the test box before the firmware gets released for all media boxes .
    Once its deemed OK for release then its universally to all and maybe a few more bug fixes added to boot .

Its been like that for years now & it works .

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The update frequency for all current models from Zidoo is regarded high (average every 2 months) by me and moderate for the previous generation (about twice a year). Nothing I would want to complain about.

The only brand who got (after several years getting there) unified software in place since a year is Dune and is now releasing updates (average every 2 months) consistently synchronized for all last 3 generation's of players. This may be called remarkable and is an exception.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  4. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

I am not missing out I have a z9x as well I just think it's past time for unified firmware releases especially if we are dealing with same soc as is the case k. the z9x z10 pro and z1000 pro. The betas used to be a lot closer together from. model to model. That is all. There are been 2 or 3 releases since for the z9x since the last z1000 pro release. I don't think it's a coincidence. I do think unified firmware would be better for all. I never complained about the span over which zidoo supports their boxes. that is and has never been an issue. Its just one more area they could lead as a company. smart tvs do this for many series tvs as well. Samsung and Sony and LG have done it for years. or at least they used to.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo relies and listens heavily to the forum community and are different in that aspect. The OTA releases (pushed for everybody) are always for all models but the interim Beta's are just made available via manual install for Z9X and to be installed only by those who know how to go back if needed and/or accepting new flaws till corrected again. This method works well in practice I think.

Use a dedicated Z9X player for that purpose so never need to go back myself. Frankly all recent Z9X Beta's despite including valued improvements were not of enough total quality in my perception to be used as a general release for all models.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It was reported that there will be something this week as far as the other models are concerned and it was also reported that there have been issues in China due to Covid.