UHD3000 - No Display after Zidoo Logo

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Rajiv Kumar, Mar 29, 2024.

1. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Hi

I’ve been enjoying my UHD3000 for a couple of years now. However, today when I put on the unit, after the initial Zidoo logo the screen just goes to blank not showing the usual menus for movies, music etc. I’ve no idea why this isn’t working?

I also tried operating the unit through the remote control as well as the button on the face of the device but nothing works after the screen goes blank except the frot displays shows the time and 4K logo.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

Rajiv

2. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Try Factory reset

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's possible that the box is pushing out a resolution the TV doesn't like - once it's booted, press the "Resolution" button on the remote successively leaving pauses between pushes - this cycles through resolutions until it hits one the TV likes.

4. Rajiv Kumar

Rajiv Kumar New Member

Thanks Mark..your suggestion really worked and everything is running fine now. But can you help me understand as what might be the reason I am not able to run the player on 3840 X 2160 (60Hz) Resolution ? My television + Denon AVR 6700H + the HDMI Cable netween Zidoo and AVR all of them supports 4k 60 .

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Depends how you have the box set up - 4K60 can present at bandwidths between 8.9Gbps and the maximum of 17.8Mbps so for example Dolby Vision at 4K60 is either 12-bit 4:2:2 or 8-bit RGB both of which are the absolute maximum bandwidth of 17.8Gbps but 8-bit 4:2:0 is 8Gbps.

I always advocate 10-bit 4:2:0 for 4K60 because that's how the content is stored and that's only 11.1Gbps, but in all honesty you're better off setting the GUI at 4K23 because most content is 23.976Hz anyway.

So it may be that you have it running at full chat and the HDMI chain just isn't good enough.