UHD3000: Installed the G version today

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Netmask, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

As my Xmas project I installed the G version of the new firmware. No problems installing and HT seems a tad more responsive (quicker). However!

I tried to browse in the Google Play store and after registering I then got a message to tell me "this device is Google Play protected or something like that" Get in touch with the manufacturers to get a certificate....

So that's as far as I could get. Any clues how to overcome this?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Adding/removing optional access to the Google Play Store
    The GAPP"s APK is not applicable anymore and won't work with Android 9. Instead now a FW with "_G" at the end needs to be installed manually via USB (like FW 6.0.22_G). No need to do so if you don't want/require access.
    You first have to "Google Play Protect" certify your player and next need to activate the Google Play Store:

1. Open Play Store, then close it - this generates the GSF ID
    2. Goto Zidoo Quick Settings/Other/About and take a note of the GSF ID
    3. In any web browser on any platform, goto www.google.com/android/uncertified, log in and enter GSF ID and hit <Register>
    4. Restart Z9X as a now Google Play Protect certified device
    5. Start Google Play Store again and register/activate your Google account

You followed the procedure above?

3. Netmask

No I didn't as I wasn't aware of the procedure but I'll do it tomorrow - thanks

4. Netmask

Installed today without issue EXCEPT I hate passwords!!!! I must dig out a keyboard I can use in future. As for 2 step verification by the time I tried to enter the code, it would time out, finally after it taking 3 goes voila! Jusr loaded a safe one Tubi to check and works nicely. I'm really more interested in relevant apps. Tiny steps.... I love learning new skills...:eek: