UHD3000 HDMI Port Issue

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Grinch, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Grinch

Grinch New Member

Yesterday I powered on the UHD3000 and no signal was detected from the HDMI port. I tried swapping different cables and even directly connected to different displays, but still no signal. I still can access via IP and even stream music over Roon, but no display via HDMI. Anyone encounter similar issues or have other suggestions?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Try pressing the Resolution button on the remote successively, pausing between presses. This cycles through available resolutions. Pausing between presses allows the display time to sync.

3. Grinch

Grinch New Member

Yep, that worked! I'm puzzled that swapping cables and moving to different displays did not fix the issue.

Do you think this is a bug or a setting I should change on the player?

Thanks for the quick reply and solution!

Grinch!

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It would usually mean that for whatever reason the Zidoo is outputting a resolution/bit depth that either the display or the able can't support but since it presumably happened spontaneously, who knows...

Not a known bug, but at least you know what to do if it happens again...

5. dxer

dxer New Member

I was just writing text to open thread about this on my own and now I see someone is having the same issue like me.

My Zidoo UHD3000 is connected to TV LG OLED55C9PLA through Denon AVR-X1600H audio receiver.
    And since I am having problems getting picture signal on the TV. TV is usually reporting NO SIGNAL on this HDMI, even sometimes when Denon is switched ON and selected HDMI cable from Zidoo. So I need to switch off Denon and switch it on again to get signal from Zidoo on TV.

If i don't want to switch Denon ON and when on TV remote I select HDMI port that is connected from Denon to TV sometimes I can get Zidoo signal on TV and sometimes not....so if I don't need Denon to be switched on, usually I need to switch on Denon just to get signal of Zidoo on my TV.

Now 2 weeks ago I had this situation where it didn't to produce signal at all like Grinch wrote. So I changed resolution with this button on remote but now I am not sure what I done exactly as no matter what content I play from Zidoo, TV is recognizing all like HDR and is enabling HDR setting. Actually when i switch Zidoo On, only GUI is on TV, TV is recognizing as HDR content and is enabling HDR.

How to fix this and if anyone can explain what is this resolution switching from this remote button , compared to resoluton setting in Zidoo settings ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023