UHD3000 full (including delete) access to network shares?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by coyote2, May 23, 2022.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Before I click Buy on a UHD3000, may I please ask if I will be able to have full access (play, delete, move, copy) to a Windows 10 Pro x64 network share?

I look forward to the UHD3000. In the past I used a Cloud Media A500 and before that a TViX M6500A.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Zidoo FW supports NFS and SMB Client access as a Client to SMB/NFS Servers and also may run as an SMB Server with local HDD 's attached by itself. I do personally always the later avoiding any NAS setup. No restrictions on filetypes or operation that way. Obviously W10 can be used in either way as a Client or as a Server using SMB natively.

3. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Perfect. Thank you very much for the reassuring answer to some functionality that's key for me.

I'm also reassured to know that the Zidoo community is so helpful as to have you here, Nice Monkey!

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It's a pleasure helping out.

5. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Oh, and I hadn't even noticed yet that you started that magnificent "Practical-experiences using the UHD3000" thread; I look forward to learning from every word. I know from my previous media boxes that a quality community is essential to a quality experience for everyone.