UHD3000: Error on new WebUI

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Netmask, Apr 27, 2023.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have found it impossible to edit Star Trek: Picard. A continuous spinning circle.
    The files for the 3 series are in separate season folders and they are within a master folder called Star Trek: Picard (2020) as per TMDB naming. I used tmm to produce the helper files including NFO's.

On the Zidoo everything is correct including cast lists

I have tried naming the individual files as Picard S01E01 etc including the format Star Trek Picard etc and the full name with the episode naming. Makes no difference.

Image of details in tmm attached

Picard.JPG

2 additional series also have the same problem
    Foundation
    The Peripheral

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  2. Netmask

I have found a workaround for all the 3 titles - if you put them into a collection (selecting new collection) this solves the problem. I'll work through all my TV series to see if this is a consistent solution.

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's got to be a character TMM is sticking in there.

I just created a dummy season for Picard and scraped with the Zidoo and can edit it fine.

The only characters I've found that trigger the endless loop (spinner) are % and #

You can use Text Crawler to look for % & # in the NFOs files. This is an old version that's freeware, but it works perfectly fine:
    https://mega.nz/file/laZT3BrT#YmMuoqH3_TLb9lxPWQuYSj6SovP1WZoZy9RHfD3J3Bc

upload_2023-4-27_8-57-50.png

Netmask likes this.
  4. Netmask

Now that I put Picard in a collection the initial problem goes away. I do a check of the NFO’s

5. Markswift2003

Yeah, I'm not sure what all that's about.

It may be to do with some logic that's wrapped up in Collections where if an illegal character (eg : ) is used in a Collection name, it can't be used in a filename - eg Mission: Impossible Collection cannot be matched with Mission: Impossible Collection-poster.jpg because that's an illegal filename, so in that case 0xF03A ascii character is used in the filename and that will match with the colon in the name.

Escape characters combined with illegal filename characters are a PITA in this sort of situation

6. Netmask

Could the presence of .xml files trigger the problem?
    eg Star Trek Picard - S01E01 - Remembrance-mediainfo.xml

There are more than a few % in all these mediainfo.xml files

So far haven't found any in the NFO files
    I have checked all the nfo’s and no illegal characters. However there are MediaInfo.xml files associated with each ep and there’s dozens of % symbols of course. I look forward to be able to refresh the NFO files so the cast list for each ep is correct as the nfo lists them correctly.

7. Markswift2003

No, the XMLs shouldn't cause any issue - if you want to PM me all the TMM NFOs in a zip, I can change the paths to match my files, then import and see if I get the same results.

8. Netmask

Will do tomorrow. It’s 9pm in Sydney.

9. Markswift2003

No worries :)

10. Netmask

Attached Files:

11. Markswift2003

No problem - I've got that so will have a look today...

12. Markswift2003

Ok - so the first thing I can see is there is no path declared in those NFOs - so even if I scrape with NFOs, HT tells me the data came from TMDB.

upload_2023-4-27_13-2-3.png

13. Markswift2003

Ah - the tvshow.nfo is missing as well - can you post that?

14. Markswift2003

I just generated my own tvshow.nfo using the Zidoo export, but kept your episode NFOs generated by TMM and that worked (I edited the plot in the first NFO to be sure..)

upload_2023-4-27_16-33-40.png

Also, I was able to edit in the Web GUI

upload_2023-4-27_16-34-18.png

15. Netmask

Attached Files:

16. Netmask

So what is the solution with tmm? On the other hand I have files that don’t show this error and the tmm generated nfo also doesn’t show a path. The path however is shown on the Zidoo as per attached. Screenshot_20230428-060508.png Screenshot_20230428-060235.png

By the way the name of one of my internal drives is called UNKNOWN

17. Markswift2003

I'll check this out tomorrow - it's my turn for it to be the other end of the day now ;)

18. Markswift2003

Ok, I used your tvshow.nfo, so although the mkvs themselves are different, my metadata and metadata source are the same as yours and I of course renamed my mkvs the same as your NFOs. I didn't bother with artwork which still doesn't work properly locally for TV shows yet (posters are still pulled from the internet).

upload_2023-4-28_9-55-7.png
    As previously, the only difference is that I edited <plot>..</plot> in S01E01 just to be sure the NFO was being read correctly.

And again, I can edit from the GUI - so I really have no idea why you can't.

The only thing I can suggest is that maybe it's leftover stuff in the database from previous scrapes. As I've said many times, housekeeping in the database is terrible and nothing really gets deleted so over time it collects a whole load of unneeded metadata and that can get reused even if a movie/series is deleted and reinstated.

In this instance I fully reset HT4, so clearing the database, before scraping with these NFOs to be sure there was no crap left behind.

19. Netmask

Once I made Picard a collection I could edit without any problems. So all the TV shows I couldn't edit are now OK now they are part of a collection. I used Add new collection.

I've sort of been thinking along those lines and putting it off!

20. Markswift2003

I do it at least twice a day :D

No biggie but you do lose watched status, which isn't something I use.

Netmask likes this.