UHD3000: A major error with latest firmware?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Netmask, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Just a reminder - all of my files played perfectly on previous firmware and they do on Kodi on my NAS and my TV. I also have Plex on my NAS and likewise. I even tried them on my Beyonwiz PVR that also has a media player built in. No fancy menu's or bells and whistles just a scrolling text list. All OK except it struggles on some H265 files. So my take is its the way the Zidoo handles video files that is the problem. jpg's and png etc are all OK.

2. Netmask

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's just really strange - as I say we really need someone else with a 3000 to corroborate because I think it's possible that maybe the firmware update may have gone awry in some way.

4. Netmask

Its almost like it was designed for a 2.35 style TV like the Philips. Do you know if Icould install the same firmware with the Google store including to maybe clear the error if it's just in the OTA version?

5. Markswift2003

As far as I know, yes you can.

I've just tried it on a Z9X going from v6.3.40 to v6.3.40_G and it updated fine.

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I think that it was Nice Monkey who said in a thread that you could install the versions G and no G over the other one as many times as you want, as long as it was the same firmware version for both of them.

I will try to find it.

Source : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-and-uhd3000-models.80434/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  7. Netmask

I just updated via USB to v6.1.40 rather than as I did originally via OTA. Sad to report no change, still postage stamp aspect ratio. My conclusion is it must be the firmware itself and how it performs on a UHD3000. After the update had finished, I powered down and turned off the mains to the unit. Left it off for 10 minutes and then powered on and booted up……… played the Wizard of Oz and still the same. Maybe when I don’t feel so depressed I’ll try v6.1.40_G.

8. Markswift2003

Just had it confirmed that the UHD3000 uses the same playback engine as the Z9X, so that's not the problem.

9. Markswift2003

Ok, I have to ask this, so apologies - you haven't got screen masking on have you?

Screenshot_20210927-114130.png

This is the only way I can replicate this. Thing is, this would affect all content although for 2.35:1 stuff you wouldn't notice.

!cid_b053a837-1d65-4cd1-8f64-c72caaf535f8@winuk.jpg

Sorry about the reflections - a bit bright here today...

dr4go, muha and Netmask like this.
  10. Netmask

Eureka! That fixed it but I didn’t set it, actually never been near that menu other than downloaded a subtitle. Maybe the update changed things? Thank you Mark for sticking with it..

dr4go, Markswift2003 and muha like this.
  11. Markswift2003

Mate, I'm so glad!!!

I know it's been driving you mad but it's been doing the same to me - it just didn't make sense...

12. muha

muha Active Member

13. Netmask

BTW what would those settings be used for? Good news all round tonight, the Zidoo problem solved and Sydney is coming out of lockdown Oct 11!

14. Markswift2003

I was told it's something Chinese users had asked for - I'm not really sure why it would be needed.

Netmask likes this.
  15. Netmask

I’ll ask a friend of mine who hails from Shanghai. A thought maybe it’s to allow for horizontal and vertical subtitles often seen in SE Asia ? In fact last time I was in Hong Kong I spotted a tv in a shop window that had video crawls all over it with a James Bond movie in the middle. Anyway fascinated to find out the definitive answer.