Chat Trying to understand the player differences

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by keylooper, May 6, 2022.

1. keylooper

keylooper New Member

I'm looking to add a player to home home theater. To date, I have been using an AppleTV 4k with Plex and I don't plan to replace that. However, I would love to find a player that can play some of my UHD files without losing anything, with full surround including proper Atmos support. From my research it seems like Zidoo players can do that. So now I'm trying to understand what are the differences in the different players? Will a Z9X work fine, what will I gain by stepping up to a Z10 Pro or a Z1000 Pro or even the UHD3000. I don't have a real problem with the price (my other consideration was a Kaleidescape setup so any are cheaper than even the most base K system) but I do want to better understand what I'm getting with one over the other. Are there any already compiled comparison charts out there I could reference?

Thanks for any help.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Basically all players from the Z9X up to the Neo X have exactly the same video credentials.

The differentiators are case design, front displays, hard disc caddies, improved audio circuitry (DACs, balanced o/p etc) and improved power supplies.

If you have network storage, do not require local storage and just want to play video, then a Z9X is ideal.

3. keylooper

keylooper New Member

Perfect thanks.

Markswift2003 likes this.