Transfering vob files to the Zidoo x10

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Mojo, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Hi,
    Right now I am not concerned about Kodi. My 2 brothers and I are all looking for a media box that we can transfer our ripped dvd's that we have stored on our computer.
    My question is how to transfer the Video media files ( vob ) to the Zidoo x10? Would I use 3.0? We want a media center so we don't have to keep using a DVD player.

And how will the movies show up on the Zidoo X10? Will the Zidoo X10 organize and play the collection of movies easily. Will the Zidoo x10 software be able to read the DVD VOB container format? Even now when I transfer my movies to my external hard drive, H:\Movies as “Title” then it has an Audio and Video folder within the title folder. Within that Video folder it has 8 or so sub folders with the movie itself split up in several 1GB folders. Finally there is a VIDEO_TS file which lets the movie play. I used dvd decrypter which i might of had some settings wrong. It sure would be nice to just click it one time like Netflix and your movie starts to play. I'M just worried how diffucult it will be to get these movies on the Zidoo X10 built in hard drive.
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Thank You.

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

for transfer. just use samba ( , this is a video of samba and FPT setup)

if you can provide me with a dvd-vod samble movie thing, i can test for you.

3. boblo

boblo Member

I'm on the same boat as you, play DVD rips stored on folders (VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS). You have 2 options: convert your rips to ISO format (you can use the ImgBurn Windows tool, for example) or use Wondershare Player, a free Android app which is able to play DVD folders (VOB format). You can install Wondershare Player from Play Store.

Mojo likes this.
  4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

why don't you directly rip in mkv ?

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Some do appreciate Menu's and all extra's or just like to conserve the original 1:1. I am myself in that camp for DVD , BD and now UHD BD. ;)
    The Zidoo FW should really support DVD Folders, I can't imagine that to be difficult as ISO's are in that format too implicitly.

Use myself ISO's made with ImgBurn for all formats and transfer using HDD Docking Stations or Samba via wired Gigabit.

boblo likes this.
  6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well, i guess you are right, i hate the menu's , it's not like you change language every 10 minutes or other things like that, once i set up the subtitle, and watch the movie, i'm done with it.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

anyway, acording to kodi wiki, having the movie in folder format SHOULD WORK:

And for DVD-Video movies stored in file-mode on the harddrive or SMB NFS:

\Movies\Alien (1979)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    \Movies\Léon (1994)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    \Movies\Scarface (1983)\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    Alternatively:
    \Movies\Alien (1979)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    \Movies\Léon (1994)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    \Movies\Scarface (1983)\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Note: If using VIDEO_TS folder structure you must enable "recursive" lookup when adding the source directory.

8. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Hi boblo,
    Until I could find a media center I guess I will rip to the ISO format. I'm not sure if an ISO will play in a Dvd player. I'm going crazy with all these different formats and encoders. I've been using DVD decrypter for years but I always get a bunch of files like VIDEO_TS , VTS and BUP. I purchased 1 click dvd copy pro to burn the disk but it will only burn if it's a Video_TS file. Do you know anything about this Zidoo X10? Can I transfer my dvd files to it? I am looking for a media device that I can store all my DVD video's on. I know you can install up to a 8TB hard drive in it but I was just curious how will the DVD files transfer. I'm hoping it would be like Netflix with all the videos in order and just one click to start your video.
    I was thinking of getting the Wondershare Player. It's up at the top of the list.
    Thanks.
    Mojo

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

first. read my last post.
    second: you transfer the file like a normal PC. copy / pasta, if you setup samba share. Kodi just plays files, the transfer has nothing to do with it.
    last: learn about kodi library , in short is like this you create a folder called " movies " you put your files in that folder using the format i just posted (\Movies\Scarface (1983)\Movie content ) , you add that folder to kodi library using a MOVIE scrapper. You can manually update library , or set to auto update on startup. Kodi will scan the Movie folder and add any new movies it finds to the movie list

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  10. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Thanks HaoSs,
    I got it now. I didn't see your post until a few minutes ago.
    Mojo

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

If you have a PC. install kodi on it (yes, kodi works on windows ). and make tests :) add your dvd folder files to the library, see how it works, on android should be 99% the same

12. Nice Monkey

Indeed everybody has different needs and habits and a player needs to deal with that. Never use KODI/ZDMC myself, maybe i retry when 7 is fully up to speed?

Having a multi lingual family watch movies mostly in the original language, but in south america mostly in Spanish. Subs may be used in Dutch, English or Spanish depending on who is actually joining me and what is available. There are in fact an increasing number of customers like me. I know immigrated families where the parents have practical troubles understanding their own children born/educated here.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  13. boblo

boblo Member

You previously said that Egreat devices do that, right? Then, it's not an Android limitation and Zidoo could implement it.

I think there should be a Wishlist thread in this forum for future firmware releases and this request should be there.

14. Nice Monkey

Most old players (prior to Android) support folders and ISO's for DVD, but also Egreat does indeed. No it is a simple FW limitation as in fact an ISO contains those same folders inside (ISO is just an envelope of a physical disc image containing those folders on it).

15. BabixzLola

BabixzLola New Member

16. Williams Smith

Williams Smith New Member

Have you taken changing to other DVD rippers into consideration, like TuneFab DVD ripper? You can use it to convert your videos to VOB file format and then burn a CD and convert your DVD to whatever file formats as you want.