Transfer Speeds Went Down

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Mar 3, 2023.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So, I moved my PC from Z9X media room to another room and they no longer connected via ethernet cable. I am using a Deco Mesh system and my transfer speeds went from 80MB/sec to 10-11 MB/S. My switch connected to Deco and to the Z9X has Gigabit ports so that should not be the bottleneck.

Thinking out loud, I may try to switch the Z9X from Deco to wifi and see if that helps. Any other suggestions?

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Changing to Wi-fi lowered the speeds even further :(

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Wi-fi is the work of the devil when he's not messing about with CEC and should never be used for streaming local content.

rozel likes this.
  4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Connected with Ethernet wire is also around 10-11MB/sec.

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Out of interest with the following

All components connected via Ethernet.
    Source: NAS
    Operating systems: Windows 7 - 10 and 11
    Action: Copying a 10GB MKV file containing a video, 2 language tracks and 2 subtitle tracks and a chapter file, from NAS to an internal drive in a Zidoo
    What typical transfer speed should one expect ? (Is how long is a piece of string the answer?)

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Yup... unfortunately it appears you have something messed up with your new PC location/local network infrastructure... that's for sure...

7. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Is the other end of the cable connected to a mesh access point? You will be limited by the WiFi signal quality at that mesh node in that case.

8. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yes, I am and so its technically still a wi-fi Mesh point and yes its terrible. Now, I did remove the Switcher in the middle from mesh to switcher to Z9X and connected Z9X directly to the Mesh Point with ethernet and speeds have gone up to 20MB/s so that's something. Wonder if dedicated NAS systems have same/similar issues for file transfers and read/write speeds.

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

My transfer speed from my NAS to router etc is 70MB/s via Ethernet cable

10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Not here, sorry. I'm getting 60 to 80 MB/s via NFS

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Should've asked whether NAS will have similar issues over Wi-Fi when NAS is connected directly to router but Z9X is connected to Mesh system in another room.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I'm connected up via Ethernet throughout my property

13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Noice, I wish I was.