Torrent hdd

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Leonardo, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Leonardo

Leonardo New Member

Good afternoon everyone, so I'm a layman on the subject of TV box, in 2016 I decided to buy a box to see my movies, I called an external Seagate HD and set up tTorrent and kodi, everything perfect, I did something like Netflix . My x10 arrived today and I thought it was just connecting the external hard drive that it would recognize as internal memory, but it does not recognize it, it only recognizes it as portable storage, and in tTorrent it says I only have 10.88 gb, what can I do to download my movies in torrent and play them?

Attached Files:

2. Leonardo

Leonardo New Member

Pic2

Attached Files:

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure why you expected a external HDD to be seen as internal storage.
    anyway, box has openwrt builtin that has transmission client installed. access the box ip in a browser for openwrt interface. you can see your hdd there and setup transmission for tormenting to it. It can be done with tTorrent and kodi also ( it it manages to see the external hdd) but needs more work to get writer permission for HDD

4. Leonardo

Leonardo New Member

Thanks for the answer my friend! I did as follows, I connected an external HD on my xiaomi router and all the movies that I down, I move to the external HD here by the same laptop, in zidoo I can access them. But would you have another easy scheme or is this the easiest way for someone who has a bit of trouble?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

6. mediafan

mediafan New Member

ciao Leonardo,
    i had the same config to do and as per HaoSs guides I managed to get everything up and running. On the forum you find everything regarding minidlna, samba, torrents which are the most common needs. It takes a bit of work though if you are new to Open Wrt. To actually start configuring sooner or later you'll need:
    win scp (free)
    putty (free)

Many things can be done via Luci interface but sometimes I found it easier/better to upadate scripts straight via Win Scp.
    For example to enable permissions to certain folders which I found blocked many suggested tweaks.
    When everything is in place the device is just incredible.
    I suggest to upgrade to firmware 2.0.5 the home theater 2.0 is just wonderful.
    good work !