The New Logos

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by rozel, Apr 3, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Is there a thread on how to invoke these logos - the VS10 and the Dolby Vision ones? Are there any HDR / HDR10+ / LLDV ones?

I'd also like to know how many there are, how they are deployed and if they can be brought up by way of a button press?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The logos just denote the HDR output mode at playback start - so there's Dolby Vision, VS10 Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HDR10+

There is currently a bug whereby if you use VS10 SDR or VS10 HDR then the VS10 Dolby Vision logo comes up...

There is no button press to bring them up.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Thanks @Markswift2003 and if you pause and un-pause and/or stop and re-start, are the logos meant to show then?

4. Markswift2003

No, only when the video starts from scratch.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

OK thank you. May I ask though if they could appear after a pause, re-start or by way of a remote button press, in a future firmware update please - I'd find this very useful.

Thanks

6. Markswift2003

If you press the info button it tells you the play back mode in the bottom right of the info pane.

7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

OK, I'll check that out but I did find the "info" rather clumsy in that it ran over 2 screens and just about obliterated what you were watching

8. Markswift2003

Only if you select <more>

The standard info screen is a single pane.