Switched to new NAS... made a new problem!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by musiclover408, Jul 24, 2023.

1. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

HELP Please. So I recently outgrew my NAS storage so I updated to a larger one. When I did that, it assigned a new IP address to the new NAS. All the files were still in the same original folder. So not knowing why the Zidoo wasn't playing anything I realized the problem and re-mapped it to the new IP address. But because I have such a large collection and it was taking awhile I stopped the re-mapping because I figured out I can just change the IP address of the New NAS back to the old original IP address. So I did that. Problem is the Zidoo started remapping everything to the new Nas IP so now it's a jumbled mess. I had everything on the old IP address the way I wanted (cover art, unmatched titles, etc). Is there a way to easily have Zidoo delete all references of the files under the incorrect IP address so it goes back to being nice and clean and back to 1 file instead of 2 within the Poster Wall? I really do not want to scrape it all and start over since I spent so much time getting everything exactly how I liked it. It's just a pain now because so many of my titles now have 2 possibilities to choose now when playing. Thanks so much!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's what "Synchronise data from other source" is for.

What you should have done is create a new Source from the new NAS, leaving the old Source there, not scan the new Source, and synchonise it to the old (and now invalid) Source.

Or assigned the new NAS the same IP address in the first place. (although in this case I'm not sure if the NetBios name would need to be changed to match too - I suspect not...)

When you say you "re-mapped it to the new IP address", what do you mean?

I take it you haven't got a backup or saved local art/NFOs?

3. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

I just wasn't thinking because the source folder for all the files didn't change so didn't know the IP even played a factor here. I dont think I saw an option for sync from other source? All I did was rescanned with the new NAS IP. Then stopeed it before it finished and changed the IP address back to the original one. So the files will play when I choose that file option but lost a lot of cover art and like I said have double file options for a lot of titles. And NO, I do not have a back up. I really hope there is something I can do here instead of starting over.??

4. Markswift2003

Er yes, the IP address defines where the device lives on the network!

So when you scanned a source with a new IP address, as far as the Zidoo is concerned, this was a brand new set of movies.

I'm not really sure what you'll have done to the database but I'm afraid I think you'll have to start over. Make sure you reset HT completely before you start (HT4/Settings/Library/Clear Data > Clear)

For future reference, pressing menu on a source brings up the dialog for synchronising a new device with the same data:

upload_2023-7-24_15-5-38.png

5. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

What does clean up do? That's what I need done :)

6. Tim Brown

Tim Brown New Member

Note that if you still have the sources defined for the old IP address, then you can still use the Sync from other Source option.
    If you have removed the originals, then you are out of luck.

7. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

So I would just syncronise from new source but choose my "old" IP address that my NAS is now being hosted on?

Also, can you show me where to find that screen... I took a peek and can't seem where to find it. Thanks!

8. Markswift2003

"Cleanup" deletes all the scanned data but keeps the source. "Remove" does the same but also removes the source.

Can you take a screenshot of your sources screen like the one below?

(Screenshot can be assigned to a shorcut key using the "Shortcut Keys" app)

Screenshot_20230724-180339.png

9. Markswift2003

No. You need the database of the old source.

10. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

Where do I find that specific screen?

11. Markswift2003

It's the Sources screen :eek:

Where you add your sources.

Top right, icon on the left.
    upload_2023-7-24_18-41-6.png

Or it's in your widgets if you use the default set.

12. musiclover408

musiclover408 New Member

PROBLEM FIXED!!
    So I went under the sources, and deleted the 2nd source that had the New Nas with New IP. Then I clicked "update" on the old source that I set the New Nas up with the Old IP. it scanned everything on the drive. I go back and check, and all the dupe links are now gone leaving just what was on my original NAS. Thanks for trying to help and you got me to an area that ended up fixing it with me just experimenting a little :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. Robo111

Robo111 New Member

You should do backup now.

Markswift2003 likes this.