Swapping the HDD

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Dagon, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Dagon

Dagon Member

I have the Z10 Pro and currently have a 14TB HDD in it with my movies and tv. I want to replace that with a 16TB HDD. I have a docking station so I can copy over the 14TB to the 16TB drive, but I am looking for any other tips so I don't have to re-scrape everything. Do I need to have the drive letter and name be the same or does it matter?

Any tips?

2. muha

muha Active Member

You can first save all info and posters, move everything to another hdd and than rescan everythin with local .nfo and images set to priority in settings.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That is what Backup/Restore is for mostly. Not for crashed conditions but obviously that too.

4. Dagon

Dagon Member

Awesome, thanks for the advice!!

5. Dagon

Dagon Member

Well, this almost worked. I did have to rescan the drive before the posters showed up in the poster board, but other than that it was pretty seamless.

I do have another odd thing though.....I have about 6 movies that every time I scan my drive they show up in the movie category I associate them with, but they also show up in the TV category. I have to un-associate it, which isn't a huge problem, but it's annoying. Ever seen that?

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

7. Dagon

Dagon Member

Thanks pcristi. I did export my NFO files. I found that some of my tv shows had associated episodes with tv movies. So if I went to re-match the movie and picked a match from the list it would show tv episodes and the move as possible matches....very weird. I did find this mostly happened with movies that I could not find a specific match to on TMDB or TVDB and had to manually edit all the info, but still the NFO should have resolved that. Very odd.