Support Bluray portable Drive (USB port)?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by thai6070, Feb 21, 2016.

1. thai6070

thai6070 New Member

I have a bluray drive (use USB 3.0 port). Can I use it for X6 Pro?

2. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    it could not support yet.

3. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Spring, if you add full UDF support as stated in a past request from me, maybe X6 will handle BD USB external drives.

4. thai6070

thai6070 New Member

So sad. I hope new firmware support BD USB.

5. spring

spring Guest

we will try to add UDF filesystem support, but we have not BD player to test.

6. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Blu-ray STB manufacturers pay huge licencing fees in order to play decrypted discs.
    So you might be able to play Blu-ray discs in the future but only your own copied unencrypted discs not commercial movie discs with encryption.

7. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

spring, don't worry, you (developers) could have a look to this post from me http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ly-using-an-usb-external-drive.758/#post-5471 where I'd summarized which UDF library version must be added to Kernel to handle DVD and BD disks.
    If you want, and if you make something like a patch file or a partial flash file (better if give us also a "comeback" file, to restore previous situation without a full reflash in case of problems), I can check, from CD (indeed already done) up to DVD, and I'll report you.
    For BD, if anyone with a BD drive and a BD disk can confirm that the disk results mounted and accessible, this is enough.
    For playing BD is another matter, as cobra78 has highlighted.

8. spring

spring Guest

Hi PacoRabanne:
    OK, thanks!

Luca76 likes this.