Suddenly, no external HDD

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Ayokoya, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Last week, X9S suddenly does not see any external HDD via USB2/3 and SATA. I factory reset the box, no dice, reflash with 1.4.4 FW still no dice.

Initially, I thought I was screwed in attempting to reflash the FW, because USB and SATA does not work. You can do an online update, but not online reflash (please add online reflash function), so I have to copy the flash file from SMB to local storage to do the reflash. After reflash, USB thumb drive works, but HDD remains invisible/undetected via any box port connection. Is there a setting somewhere for HDD function?

Thanks

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

no setting, try a reformat NTFS GTP

3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I have no idea what is going on, there must be gremlins in my X9S. It started with the annoying "no location access" pop-up after each boot, lasted for about a week then the pop-up went away by itself. A few days later, X9S cannot see any USB storage device despite the fact that the same devices worked before. After about a week of invisible USB storage devices, the X9S sees the USB storage again this morning. I wonder what is going to act up with the X9S in a few days.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I would do an Emergency ROM Flash to clean up the whole box.

5. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I reflashed the box with 1.4.4 FW, is that what you meant? If not, how would one do the emergency rom flash?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Flasi with 1.3.0 + update ( 1.4.4 its jus a update zip, you need .img for flash )

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Or wait for FW 1.4.6 as a fix is mentioned in the update list specifically. Did not know it was a general problem.

8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

img flash requires PC and USB cable? Any link pointers for instruction, tools and which X9S USB port for connection?

Many thanks!

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

10. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Read carefully? Sorry, I only gloss instructions over the pass 30 years of my life. I have no regrets if I break the box and will not loose sleep over it, for I have the X8 which is every bit as good as the X9S, except no SATA port, and eager to test drive the X7.