Stuttering/looks like a slow motion ,poor performance 2160p 59.94 mp4 videos Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ZidooTR, Apr 19, 2021.

1. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Hi there !

I've switched from X9S to Z9x for enhanced HDR and HDR10+ . (I guess it was worth of this)
    But as all we know SMB is an issue now .
    Anyway ,let me get in to the subject.

In 2160p 59.94 mp4 movies ,they look like slow motion movies. Sound comes before the movie . When I pause, and resume again , the movie seems running fine for momentarily(just a sec) but then turns to a slow motion .

I am streaming over lan via NFS . I tried to run files over USB, but nothing has changed .

The result was same with X9S and I have thought that X9S didn't have enough juice to handle 2160p 60/59.94 fps movies and I've switched to Z9X . But nothing has changed !
    There must be a trick I think ?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

smb isnt an issue
    i Stream all my TV epis and 4k movies from PC hdds to the Z9X via smb

occassionally its an issue when windows does an update and screws sharing , but re share and its fine
    Also occassionally an issue when pc gets a new ip addy , after say a power cut (only an issue cause i havent bothered to set a static ip on that pc
    Simple matter of removing the ip addy for pc in share list on Z9X and doing a fresh search to get the new one usually

WHY use mp4 format

isnt the Z9X advertised as supporting DV on MKV and Iso/BDMV formats

hows the movies play f you run the MP4 thru say MKVToolNix and change them to the supported MKV format ?
    first thing ive always done with mp4s tbh

3. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

I’m on the newest beta . I tried to convert to *mkv with mkvtoolnix, but nothing has changed !

I can’t even reach my movie posters with SMB !
    Why the people here are just talking about DV ???
    What’s the benefit to play DV where you can’t solve the data transfer issue ??

I still keep my X9S ,I couldn’t sell it because of my problems. I don’t want go back to 5 years old technology . But I was happy with 5 years old technology. I’m really confused...

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

These players perform better with SMB than NFS, and contrary to your comment, there really isn't an issue with SMB as long as the network is set up correctly (as with any network device).

There's no inherent issue with 4K59 MP4 files in relation to framerate either - I have plenty 4K59 test files and a couple of movies - some in MP4 and some in MKV and all work fine.

The X9S also has more than enough "juice" to handle 4K59 so I think you need to look to your setup rather than the boxes, particularly when you say you can't reach your posters with SMB.

5. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Yes SMB should work than NFS normally but like I said , let the stuttering in movies I can’t even reach my posters as quick as I reach with NFS!
    At first, source selection and second , after scanning approximately 360 movies of my external disk which is connected to my laptop , when I get back to poster wall screen, maybe 2-3 posters show up . Than by the time goes only one or two more show up. Besides when I select a poster , the background image doesn’t load !

But I’ve no problems with NFS in this aspect !
    Everything is so fast , posters show up just after a source scan . Background images are loading as they should be.
    But NFS has some problems. For example when I pause a movie for a while( I couldn’t make test for the duration ) and when I resume it the movie doesn’t continue. I need to restart Zidoo to fix it.

I’m really confused now that you say there is no problem with SMB ! Nice Monkey says SMB has issues in RTD1619 and they are aware of it.

I’m using Ethernet connection with a Tp-link gigabit switch with cat6 cables since x9s.

6. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I have been using NFS for years with my NAS Shares and never once have I had an issue. To say SMB is better, isn't reflected thoughout these forums to be fair - many people complaining about SMB, stuttering or transfer rates etc. I understand that NFS is an older protocol but it works perfectly for me.

7. ZidooTR

ZidooTR New Member

Just because you did not have any problems does not mean Zidoo is okay with NFS. Yes I'm complaining about SMB stuttering issues ,besides that poster problems. NFS is so fast at transfer, posters are okay etc.

8. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Until now, I haven't heard about any issues with NFS. I do not have the issues you have and I've been running NFS with 3 NAS's without any difficulties (apart from a slight recent Windows 10 issue) for years. Others report the same. Maybe as with the SMB issues, you ought to look at your setup and not just the Zidoo.