starting up

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by skywalker1978, Jan 26, 2019.

1. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Hi,
    I just received my Zidoo z9s. How do I start having fun with it? There is no play store, no youtube no kodi. How can I get a play starter pack? How do I install other applications?

Shall I download them by a computer on a usb stick?

Where do I get the miracas and kodi app?

Please give me some advices.
    Thank you

2. szefo

szefo Active Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. Logan005

Logan005 New Member

I also just received my Z9s, I am glad google play store was not installed and simply downloaded the apk's I wanted and installed them. The most important thing to do first off, is to download and install the latest firmware. This fixes quite a few issues directly.

4. AKELA

AKELA New Member

Hello to everybody,
    I just received my Z9S and I'm starting to use an Android media player for the first time.
    Before download apk's, do you suggest to install some free antivirus (Avast, bitdefender, Eset...etc...).
    Can Z9S be attached by malware or others dangerous software?
    Thanks to everyone that can clarify me about that subject (very important at starting up in my opinion)

5. Logan005

Logan005 New Member

Since I run Linix on my PC's, 15+ years now. I didn't even consider an anti virus for my TV boxes. As I recall Android is actually a specialized version of Linux, and may be less susceptible to virus and malware. I am actually more concerned about google, google play, google services, tracking and logging your actions. the Z9s is the first TV box I have purchased that does not have google preinstalled. Google is necessary if you plan to use messenger and other apps that require google services for it's function, sharing location and other data between apps. I have experimented with a dozen boxes since my Minix box almost 10 years ago and have yet to encounter a virus or malware.

6. askanyquery6

askanyquery6 New Member

Type your password, then click View Account. On the Account Information page, scroll down to Settings. Click Manage next to Subscriptions. Click Edit next to the relevant Avast subscription, then click Cancel Subscription. Visit us for more information about how to "Avast Cancel Subscription".

7. AKELA

AKELA New Member

Hello askanyquery6, I don't understand your message............... perhaps you meant send message to other thread

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You should not use generic KODI but ZDMC as it is a specially enhanced version for Zidoo HW. This you can download directly from Zidoo under Downloads => APK's. Just like GAPP's installer (Google Play Store). https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html
    Zidoo Controller is for your smartphone not the media player itself.
    For Youtube you can get it from Play Store.

Installing an anti-virus on your box?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    bob79 likes this.
  9. bob79

bob79 New Member

Hello,
    I haven't used ZDMC yet, I am always using KODI because it is always with the latest fixes.
    The latest release from KODI is 18.6, though ZDMC is still on 18.4 which according to ZIDOO is based on KODI 18.3, so it is unbelievably old from 2019-Jun-28.

However, now when the latest ZIDOO Z9S firmware v2.3.10 is out, every versions of KODI (18.5/18.6) I tried crashed immediately (or after few seconds) which makes it totally impossible to use.
    Before on firmware v2.2.96 every KODI worked well without a single crash.

Anybody experienced this issue lately?

10. stani

stani New Member

GappsInstaller installed but no Google Play Store... :(

Edit: solved by installing apk Google Play Store from apkpure.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023