Closed Standby mode (act as NAS)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Claudiu, May 30, 2017.

1. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

I have a question about the standby mode. What does it do? I see the box starts sooner when in standby but there is no network available. I come from a Popcorn A400 and that one can act as a NAS in standby, the network remains powered on.

Is it possible for the X10 to act as a NAS and to have A/V outputs off? Or at least in Kodi, is there such an option (I see there is a screensaver mode which maybe can shut the screen completely off)?

Thank you.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not worthwhile in any way. Power consumption is very low and mostly HDD related.

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

standby mode is actually buggy and does not work properly. never did.
    already asked for standby with network ON, AV off, response was: to hard to do. ( x6 pro had this feature, but other chipset) , start is fast enough that i don't miss standby.

4. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Buggy in what way?
    Is there a way to push this on Zidoo? Maybe if more are asking.. How hard would it be to cut off AV? Stop some processes..

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Buggy as it does not actually do anything. Is almost the same as shutdown, but had trouble waking up the box, they fixed some bugs related to it in 1.4.4. ,
    Probably has more to do with power-states, not just killing some processes. if they say it's to hard.

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Just leave it on. The power consumption is very low.
    That's why we make android box to replace PC.
    We'll not develop another standby mode.