Sound problem after resuming z9x video

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ulna68, Apr 27, 2024.

1. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

when I stop watching the movie and then resume it, there is no sound for several seconds, what could be wrong?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Possibly your amp takes some time to re-process the audio bitstream?

What is your audio setting? Auto, RAW, LPCM?

Does it happen with all audio or specific codecs? DTA, DTS-HD, Atmos, THD ETC...

3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

in December I changed the receiver from Marantz SR 6010 to Denono Avc-x4800, maybe this is a problem, but in other players (Nvidia Shield TV and Amazon Firestick) there is no problem, only in Zidoo. The audio setting is RAW. And it happens with all codecs.
    After switching to RAW, the same thing happens.
    I checked that on LPCM 2 channels there is no such effect, the sound starts immediately

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  4. JohnG

JohnG Member

From the description of the problem, it sounds like an HDMI "handshake" issue. (Assuming you are using HDMI to feed the Denon AVR). To rule out the least likely fix, try a different HDMI cable from the Zidoo to the Denon. If the problem remains, try a different input on the Denon. Look at frame rate matches between all the components. I have had a similar problem and resolved it by changing the Zidoo's frame rate setting. However, I still have HDMI "handshake" issues that results in a flashing black, then blue, then black screen before the source plays.

5. Markswift2003

I first read this as a problem resuming from pause, but after re-reading, I think I read it wrong - do you mean this is after stopping a movie, not pausing?

6. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

this happens after a pause

7. Markswift2003

Ok, then that's very odd - in that case I stand by my first answer, but it's not something I've come across. There's always going to be a very slight delay as the bitstream syncs in the decoder in the amp, but not for several seconds as you describe..

8. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

maybe it's the fault of the Denon receiver and its synchronization, it didn't happen before on the Marantz SR 6010, I know from the avs forum of Denon users that there were some problems with LG OLED TV

9. Markswift2003

I've used Denon receivers for years and not had any issues like this, but definitely worth asking on AVS Denon forum.

10. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

Everyone on the avs forum is excited about Audyssey and Dirac Live, and they barely respond to other questions ;)

11. Markswift2003

Ok, here's something to try - Denons have an audio input mode switchable between Auto, HDMI, Digital and Analogue.

I think it defaults to Auto - try switching it to HDMI.

12. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I checked it, it was set to Auto, I switched to HDMI, but it did not solve the problem, maybe I actually need to change the HDMI cable from Zidoo to Denon.
    I'm just wondering that this problem does not occur on nvida shield tv (standard, not pro) Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K MAX 8 GB this problem does not occur...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2024