solved - online update doesnt work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by smartbrother, Jan 16, 2017.

1. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

in the update section, it always tells me that i have the latest firmware.
    To do an update, i have to download and install it manually...
    is there no way to do the firmware update automatically or via the "update" application?

thanks

2. Igotafeelin

Igotafeelin New Member

It can take a day or two before the online update is picked up by the player. Maybe you were trying to update online soon after a release.

3. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

it has never worked so far...
    is there any autoupdate option available?

4. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

I think it never worked...
    I had to install 1.2.7 manually...
    now as 1.2.10 was released, i checked for a new version and it said its up to date, with 1.2.7 installed een though 1.2.9 was released already....

5. Igotafeelin

Igotafeelin New Member

I have only had my box 2 weeks and first update was manual but the next one popped up when I turned the box on so there must have been some sort of auto update in place. That was around V1,28. after that I have done all my updates manually as I want them as soon as they are posted.
    Maybe they have broken something.

6. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

May be a better message from update dialog can solve some mystery issues, such as no update available can mean network unavailable, zidoo server xyz unreachable, no update FW files found in server or you already have FW 1.2.x. A helpful message for each of the above case can let an average Joe solve the problem themselves

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the updates you see on forum are for test. You won't find them in OTA the same day. Also if the update has allot of bugs. It will not be pushed. 1.2.10 is a buggy update. once we test 1.2.11 you may see it in OTA in a week or 2.

8. Igotafeelin

Igotafeelin New Member

I have just powered up my x9s and it immediately picked up new software update to V 1.2.11 so the auto update is working fine.

9. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

yes... for me the same... thx!