Software life cycle

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Jazzwood, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Jazzwood

Jazzwood New Member

Does Eversolo provide software life cycle information?

Since the software on the A8 is an important component, it would be good to have support and development for several years.

Just like Samsung is providing 5y patches for the S serie following release date.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

No, they don't. This whole thing is not official. It's true that they lurk and listen on this forum, but that's all. No roadmap, no bugtracking, and no life-cycle info.
    You would expect this thing to work until Android stops maintaining the Android version; but being it a stripped version, it could theoretically live forever in its current state.
    Of course the various updates to the streaming apps will, one day or another, stop working (leaving you without the latest bells and whistles) on a too-old-to-rock-and-roll Android...

3. Jazzwood

Jazzwood New Member

Thanks for your feedback!

What do you mean with not official?

Not having a life cycle policy is common for hifi, idem for brands like Nad, Cambridge Audio,.. but would make sense for me.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What is your meaning of "official", then?
    not official means that this forum is not endorsed by Eversolo; it's just a bunch of enthusiasts, with the occasional dev-crew participating, directly, or rather indirectly.

Jazzwood likes this.
  5. Jazzwood

Jazzwood New Member

Thanks, I understand it now.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My experience with Zidoo/Eversolo is that they will release updates till a next generation player(s) with a new SOC (Processor/Android OS level) successor arrives.

Jazzwood likes this.
  7. Jazzwood

Jazzwood New Member

I'm not familiar with Zidoo. How long would you expect updates to be released for the A8?

8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

He just answered you, read above.

9. Jazzwood

Jazzwood New Member

Thanks for your kind answer.