Slow internet with Z9X (both WiFi and LAN).

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Ant14, Apr 24, 2022.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

All the speeds tested using apps inside devices, but in particular speedtest installed in my Zidoo for that device

2. Any resolution to this problem?

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm pretty disappointed with the wifi performance compared to the Nvidia Shield Pro, even with external antennas it's worse than the Shield.

4. Are all Zidoos affected or just one or two models.

5. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Feels like I have the same problem when streaming in ZDMC. I tried to watch movie around 60GB using Kodi in my phone (Wi-Fi) and it works flawlessly. While in ZDMC (LAN & Wi-Fi) it's buffering all the time. Works only in movies around 20-30GB.

6. I dont think the size of the movie matters, only the bit rate.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

nah for me with Gigabit LAN it works flawlessly, but I use Jellyfin, but it's a joke that the Shield with internal antennas does it much better.

8. I have the same issue and have had it for a long time but just recently connected the dots...On my AppleTV I have 690mbps download and 630 mbps upload (1000/1000 line) and switching the cable to the Zidoo z9x I get 130mbps download and 3 mbps upload, yes, just 3. I do not think it is just the internetspeed. I get stuttering picture sending UHD from my qnap server but this does not happen if I send it to my HTPC. What can I do?

9. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Inspect your ethernet connection in back of the Zidoo... make sure one of the connector pins isn't bent out of position... other than that, perform a hard boot.. powering off with switch for 30 seconds and try again.... or finally a factory reset may be worth a try..

10. Thanks Deano, I tried all above and everything looks great with the connector. Factory reset did not do the trick. I have updated to latest version but have had the problem for a long time (as long as I had the unit, and thru multiple updates) I got slightly different results, 140 download and 2,7 upload...so no real change.