slide show really not possible in 4K?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by bluemchenblau, Dec 31, 2019.

1. bluemchenblau

bluemchenblau New Member

Hello,
    one of the most important reasons to buy the Z9S is the possibility to finally start a slide show with 4K resolution. Otherwise I could stay with my PCH VTEN, which unfortunately only supports 1080p.
    The single images are obviously displayed in this resolution, but as soon as I start the slideshow, the resolution is visibly reduced, which can be seen already by the visible stairs at sloping edges from a distance.
    I can't believe that the native player can't do this and I think I may have misconfigured something here, but I don't know what. Can anyone here help me?
    In an older thread on the X9S, the phenomenon was described, but for the Z9S I can't believe that it is supposed to be so badly implemented.
    Thanks for your reply.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't think Picture Player got any attention lately.
    Looks identical to me as some years ago. My review back then:

Picture Player:
    Started with some pictures using the Pictures APP.
    - It can display pictures as a slide show with background music but pictures are not turned automatically then.
    - When paused they can be turned to the correct view manually and then the embedded meta data can be displayed too via Menu.
    - Slide show is always full screen despite the choice which does not work for me
    - No thumb nails/picture gallery to find the right picture(s) quickly. This is the main function of such an APP in my view.
    - Picture viewer also works in 4K native resolution for gorgeous pictures on your TV or projector. But this does not work as a slide show (reduced to 1080P only)
    - Pictures may be set here also to be used as wallpaper. No option to reverse this to get the original back here.
    Fortunately there are better APP's available and my Smart TV does a far better job here.

There is also the Image Player APP which I don't have a clue how to control it.
    It does not find my pictures or is showing all my ARTwork of my Music Folders.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Sh1no8i likes this.
  3. bluemchenblau

bluemchenblau New Member

Hello Nice Monkey,
    Thanks for your input. I just realized I haven't figured out all the problems yet.
    In the meantime, I reported the issue of image quality to Zidoo and at least I was able to show what I'm about.
    What can you recommend as a player for a slide Show if the internal one is already unusable?

4. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

You mention other APP’s are available, what APP’s are available as an alternative to native image player and where can I download them from please? Completely agree with your review. Thanks in advance.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Added Picture player in my regular FW reviews as it got attention.
    Last Z9S update list:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...lay-beta-version-for-zidoo-z9s-release.66585/
    Includes this one:
    Picture manager
    1.Optimize blur image problem when playing slideshow

@bluemchenblau @Sh1no8i
    You re-tried it? Seems to be a fix to the originally reported problem.
    Works for me now. Also pictures are turned automatically now (but not during slideshow yet) and metadata can be shown via info. Full screen and Original aspect ratio choices do work also.
    For me it it has become at least functional now.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Sh1no8i likes this.
  6. Sh1no8i

Sh1no8i New Member

Thanks Nice Monkey, just realised this is for the Z9S (face palm), I’m using the X9S with FW 2.1.22. I have photos in high resolution, and would like to zoom/pan around a pic, this is basic functionality that’s not available and was on my old Mede8er. Was hoping there’d be an app that I could install. Anyway, good to hear your FW reviews have improved the image viewer on the Z9S :)

7. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

You can update to v2.2.36
    such as:
    https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloadList/target/rRwtRFydZ4xKKmVViAFMcQ==.html
    thanks