Simultaneous WiFi and Ethernet Connection?

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by Itch, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Itch

Itch Member

Let me know how this works long term.

I have gone through the same routine as you only to have it not function properly at a later date.

I have the app on both an iPad and iPhone.
    Going back and forth has not been reliable as far as discovery of the unit on the app.

I have found that the delete/reinstall is a regular process. Using the code scan as well.

There are issues if I turn the unit on from the remote and then turn it off on the unit itself.
    If, at a later time, I try to use the remote ON - nothing happens (including the 'Wake' feature).

2. Markfisher702

Markfisher702 New Member

Will do. I'll chime back in later. Side note: I decided to go wired after months of w-fi after just buying a rather high end external DAC. Today, I'm starting to operate A-8 USB out > DAC > Integrated amp. My DAC creator / genius / mad scientist strongly suggested streaming via ethernet rather than wi-fi. I couldn't follow all the technical details but I was able to do it so here I am.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  3. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I don't know how many times I've said this in a myriad of threads already, anyway I'll say it once more:

The problem is the IP address the unit receives from the router's DHCP (and no matter what, the wi-fi one is, of course - a different MAC-address gets a different IP - different from the wired one, that's why your app stopped working when you turned to the wired). Now, the app is flawed, as it searches for IP instead of host-name, but a fix can only be done by the devs; here we do it as you would usually do for a server in your LAN.
    So, long story short:
    1. decide what you will use: wi-fi OR ethernet (not both, it's never a good idea, but I am not going to its guts right now right here)
    2. assign the Eversolo a STATIC IP address (in your router configuration), so it won't change no matter what you do (except, of course, flip wi-fi / ethernet, in which case you'll need to rescan the QR code, as I said)
    3. reboot your Eversolo
    4. reinstall the app and scan the QR code

Now you are good to go, and never have the app not seeing the player.

HTH
    P.S.
    I have no expectation this one would be the last time I say it, nevertheless hope is the last to die...

_Richard_ likes this.