Show your HiFi Setup with the Eversolo DMP-A6

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Mister L, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Brainvoyager

Brainvoyager New Member

IMG_20231124_131637.jpg IMG20231124131430.jpg IMG_20231124_131801.jpg IMG_20231124_131848.jpg IMG20231124131347.jpg IMG20231124131340.jpg IMG_20231124_131944.jpg Here's my setup.

2. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Got this table for over ten years ago. It stood in a furniture warehouse where we went through. Saw it, loved it and took it right away. Without any need. I have never seen again souch a table to sell.

Brainvoyager and David Sharp like this.
  3. David Sharp

David Sharp New Member

I would have done the same, its an awesome looking table

4. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

@Brainvoyager :

what is this little box from Telekom in your very nice looking rack?

5. Brainvoyager

Brainvoyager New Member

You mean the little box with the purple T in the upper left corner and the blue led indicator? That's my television settopbox from my provider T-Mobile.

6. Rex

Rex Member

I decided to downsize and go back to basics so this is my rather modest system now. I really love the Reference 3A MM de Capo speakers (I have a Rel T7 sub as well on the other side).

The second picture is the system it replaced...

Attached Files:

Alan Rutlidge, Joost, Inti and 6 others like this.
  7. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

My system is a bit more complete as of yesterday, so here are some pics.

A 5.0.2 setup based on the WiSA wireless audio system controlled by a Platin HTX Surround Hub (Dolby Atmos and DTS:X wireless 24bit/96khz).

Buchardt A500 as Center, Surround Left and Surround Right.
    Buchardt A10 as Front Left and Front Right.
    Platin Monaco speakers as Hight channels (I use 4 speakers for the 2 available channels. You can add up to 16 speakers per channel).

The standard Eversolo A6 with XLR out to the Buchardt A10 for stereo and HDMI out to the hub for wireless surround or stereo upmixing.

I have an Apple TV4K for streaming and an XBOX Series X mostly for DVD/Blu-ray playback.

I have also spent some time on installing room treatment to get a less lively room.

Wideangle makes the room look a bit huge :) it’s 7 meter x 3,7 meter x 2,4 meter.

IMG_3339.jpeg IMG_3333.jpeg IMG_3328.jpeg IMG_3329.jpeg IMG_0121.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  8. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

@Bergholdt : an extremly nice place to be and listen. Thumbs up!

I'm still thinking about whether it makes sense to swap my active Dali for passive speakers with a decent amplifier. A friend recommended Elac BS 312 with an Atoll IN 100 for my small listening room. He thinks my Dali floorstanding speakers are not optimal for the short listening distance and that I would get a much better sound experience with the Elac and the Atoll. I'm torn...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  9. Pdjmwj

Pdjmwj New Member

1st post, hear is my baby.

Attached Files:

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Nice! Aren't the speakers toed-in a little too much, though?

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

The room looks gorgeous!

Peter Wallop likes this.
  12. Pdjmwj

Pdjmwj New Member

Q10 ward

May I ask why you think this? I just looked again at pic. It does look toed-in alot. It's wide-angle on camera goofing things. Tweeters are aligned behind mids/woofer panels, in pic it looks like tweeters are ahead of woofer. Not the case. Nice observation.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  13. Bergholdt

Thanks, but still have a few things I want to do.

I have some Adelsklang diffusers comming that will go on both sides above my surrounds.

Update: IMG_3339.jpeg

And I’m thinking about adding a curtain behind the TV to cover my bass traps and the door on the right.

Obviously, I live alone. No female touch here :) This is my living room / dining room (table behind the sofa) and more wall space for a big wooden diffuser. Just need to find the right one. A lot of creative stuff on Etsy…

Update: Walnut diffuser ordered from Etsy (not a real QRD design but looks good 140x60cm).

IMG_0135.jpeg IMG_0133.jpeg
    Small German woodwork business https://www.etsy.com/de-en/shop/1ANaturHolzLiebe

Update: Moving carpets for my ISOacoustics GAIA feet to stand directly on my wooden floor. And one with the installed ‘wooden art’ from Etsy…

IMG_3411.jpeg IMG_3449.jpeg IMG_3400.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Nutul likes this.
  14. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

This is one of the most important things; if not THE most important.
    For the curtain behind the TV, yes, I would go that way too. Both a functional, and an aesthetic touch.

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

There's not a particular reason, just that to me they look converging too much, having their cross-point far ahead of your listening / sitting position (for what I can deduce looking at the picture, and looking at your TV)
    If it is so, I think you'll have too much cross-talk, as each speaker will aim at the area of your opposite ear.
    It could well be a photographic artifact, though, and in reality they are not so much.

16. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Great setup - I’m playing ‘guess the nationality’ before clicking the profile - yours just screamed Danish. :) Looks terrific and I really need to look into Buchardt - I’ve never come across them before. Now, off to see if wife will consider a basement excavation/conversion to accommodate a man-cave. I’m not optimistic ! :(

Bergholdt likes this.
  17. Peter Wallop

Peter Wallop Active Member

Wow. Ok, I realise that I’m demonstrating my ignorance here, but what are the speakers?

18. Bergholdt

Ha ha. Yes, I enjoy guessing nationalities too. :) The German speaking world has a thing for glass tables, I’ve noticed.

White plain walls are still the somewhat boring norm here. I live in a rented row house from the early 1990s.

I think a red teatre curtain behind my TV will elevate my style a bit :D

https://www.fdbmobler.dk FDB furniture has become quite popular again. Danish mid-century classics making a comeback…

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Peter Wallop likes this.
  19. Joost

Joost New Member

Densen DM10 mkII amp
    Gustard A26 dac
    Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer
    Arcam FMJ CD23T cd player
    Totem Signature One loudspeakers
    Interconnects, power cables from Audioquest, Siltech, MIT, Wireworld

I use the Beatechnik LPS-A6 in the Eversolo. Big improvement over the standard SMPS, even while
    using the Eversolo only as a streamer.
    17015986166483847727630742679654.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  20. pauldune

pauldune Member

Here is my setup:
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    SMSL D400ES
    Denon AVC-X4800h
    DIY EL84/6E5p tube amp
    Pioneer DV757ai
    Thorens TD160