Share SMB Windows 10 on Zidoo X9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Dragonheart13, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Hello, I have a problem with sharing SMB on a pc in Windows 10. Totally random ZDMC asks me for a username and password when accessing my shared folders. No password and no ID does When I restart my PC in Windows 10, I have access to these previously blocked files but more access to others. I specify that no password has been put on the pc and that the SMB access of one pc to another PC works very well. Also know that I remade the system in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 and that nothing does. I come to ideas. Is there any worry about SMB sharing with the X9s? An update can it make disappear the worries? Thanks in advance.

2. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

i think you must set user and password on the share then in zidoo

3. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Same problem

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Dragonheart13, I'm sorry, but never had this kind of problem neither in my old and still running X6 Pro (from yesterday with 1.0.42 FW release) nor my X9S.
    My PC runs Windows 10 (Pro) , I have (and want to have for added internet security) a password associated to my logon user, but also set this user to do "autologon", so after boot PC goes directly to my desktop.
    Then my shares are set to grant access to the same logon user, and on my devices I've entered the same user and password.
    All fine in this way.

If this procedure is not working for you, there is somenthing wrong in your environment, but I don't know what...

wolfrick likes this.
  5. spring

spring Guest

we will write a guideline for the win10 setting for the samba.

6. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Thank you for your answer but when will you write it?

7. spring

spring Guest

maybe two days later will be posted.

8. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Ok I expect it, thanks

9. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Hello,
    Where is the start of the guide for windows 10?

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

just wait for it. don't spam the forum

11. spring

spring Guest

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks! Good work.

Is there also such an instruction to do the reverse somewhere? =Making Zidoo X9S the SMB server for other players including W10 with optionally Passwords being used. I know this all needs to be done with OpenWrt but there are just too many options to be easy.

13. Dragonheart13

Dragonheart13 New Member

Hello, After following your instructions to the letter, I always, randomly, requests username and password on my samba shares.

14. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

15. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

First smb not working anymore from my PC:
    Windows 10 fall creator smb 1 is out smb 2 is use. But default had no guest, you could activate but use your PC login name and password.
    Second explorer can be corrupt: ex if ip change or old password been use, even ota update:
    To restore explorer smb you should go to settings/apps/explorer and reset data (flash unit will erase data and factoty reset too but easier just reset explorer app)

16. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

I'm not using a Win 10 password so I assume if it is still working it will not work unless I do so, if this is the case I guess I will have to live w/o network access, sad as today is one of the few times I could really use it.

17. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Using pc username and password is the most secure way...

18. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

I don't have a password setup, this PC is used at home on a one user network, no need.