setting zidoo to my pc win10 help needed

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by John Thorley, Dec 6, 2021.

1. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

can anyone help me to set up my zidoo to PC win 10 network, completely out of my depth

2. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

in bluetooth and other devices on PC zidoo is shown but greyed out and not connected, anyone got any suggestions to help me

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Have you enabled the SMB server (Settings/Network/Samba Server)?

4. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

Is that PC or Zidoo

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

In your Zidoo and you *might* have to enable 40 0r 56 bit encryption rather than 128 in your PC Network and Sharing, advanced settings. However simply enabling in the Zidoo was sufficient for me but 'm using a win7 box.

6. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

Hi Netmask
    128 bit is enabled on PC

7. Markswift2003

upload_2021-12-7_11-15-53.png

8. Netmask

Many media boxes and PVR’s have problems with 128 bit and recommend using 40 or 56. Both my Beyonwiz PVR and Popcorn C200 and A500 recommended 40 or 56. You could try it if you are still having problems. Also you may need SMBv1 to be activated.

9. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i have set up samba server like Marks picture, and i have changed to 40 or 56 bit encryption, still not working but Popcorn A410 is on my network

10. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

does Zidoo need to be switched on to access network

11. Netmask

Yes - I leave mine on 24/7

12. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

i think thats were i am going wrong, i could see my popcorn when it was in standby

13. Netmask

Ah yes, me too. I do find it disappointing with Zidoo that it doesn't have a "standby" position where the network remains intact regardless of power status other than the obvious switch off at the mains. So with the Zidoo Off means Off! All my other equipment operates the way the Popcorn series did.

14. John Thorley

John Thorley Member

why have a standby if nothing works might aswell power off

muha likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Standby leaves the SOC in a low power state and the OS in state to be instantly woken up rather than having to boot. The network card is active in 10-baseT only to allow WOL packets to wake it up too but is otherwise dormant. Makes sense to me..

16. muha

muha Active Member

On WD Hub standby would disable video output and system, lower fan speed and have SMBa and Twonky ON. I started reusing Hub becouse of that. Now it is in kids room as music server.