Chat Search by actors

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HighTechOnly, Nov 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. HighTechOnly

HighTechOnly New Member

Hello,

Is it posssible to search a movie by actor in Theater 4.0 ?

Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, unless you use NFOs.

3. HighTechOnly

HighTechOnly New Member

Yes I use NFO, how to change this ? thanks

4. Markswift2003

Searching by cast members is only possible with online scraping. I was told it was too difficult to implement with NFOs.

5. HighTechOnly

HighTechOnly New Member

Ok, thanks for your help

6. Markswift2003

Sorry about that - annoys the hell out of me too.

7. HighTechOnly

HighTechOnly New Member

Hello Again.

Haven't solve my problem yet.

When i am on a film menu, HT4 knows the different actors and the director. I can click on a name (example: Timothe Chalamet), and it shows me the different movies of my collection with T.Chalamet. So HT4 knows the actors in the movie, but i can find it by search function. I travelled the settings but didn't find any solution.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

8. Markswift2003

I'm afraid the only way to search movies by actor is to select the actor from the cast list on the movie details page and then, as you know, that only works if you are using online scraping rather than NFO scraping.

You can't do it from the Search Screen, that's only for Movie Title, TV Series Name or Collection Name.

9. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

IMDB has extensive listings of actors/producer/director and even sound mixer and boom operator. Maybe having an iPad or laptop at hand is far quicker way to check filmography.