Screensaver/System wallpaper ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Johnwoto, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey Guys

Just replaced my x20 with a Z1000pro like it a lot – couple of things that I wanted on my x20 was a screensaver to come on when a movie or TV show was paused and the ability to change the system wallpaper like you can on the Z9S – it’s great they have fixed that with the Z1000pro – I have put plenty of wallpapers in the zd_daydream folder to play as screensavers

Does anyone know if the Z9X does the same thing with the screensaver? Might replace my Z9S players as the kids are always leaving them on pause

2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I believe it has been sorted - a quick search "screensaver pause" says this has been fixed/resolved/added

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Thats good thanks - shame they didn't add it to the RTD 1296 players

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Johnwoto TBH I haven't noticed if the screensaver kicks in upon pausing a film but I shall watch out for it. I'm a bit of a photographer and my absolute best photos make up my screensaver - the family are always stopping playback just to view them :)

5. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

It defiantly works on my Z1000 pro firmware v6.3.75_G - This was one of the things I was disappointed with Zidoo when I first got my X20 and Z9S players - from the first media player I ever had 14 years ago it had a screensaver when pausing a film - It should be standard thing for all media players

6. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Screensaver works fine with paused video, including from ZDMC playback.
    Is there a way to change the default 3 photos (only) used on constant rotation by Zidoo to something else or at least add to them?
    Using ZDMC, I can use Kodi's Screensaver to show movie backgrounds from my library (with the film name). Can something similar or other photos be used by Zidoo?

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just add whatever photos you want to the zddaydream directory in \\Storage on the Zidoo.

I use all the fanart from my movies and just update them every now an again by copying all *fanart.jpg across.

darky_zidoo and Phil181 like this.
  8. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

that’s a great idea to use the fanart - it’s a shame it doesn’t start at a random picture every time it always starts at the same start point

9. mytich

mytich Member

It could be nice if Zidoo team could add more options for the screensaver like separate brightness setting, interval of image rotation, randomise images.. I would love that.

10. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

that would be great if they could implement that but I wouldn’t hold your breath on that feature happening soon - it took them years before a screensaver was added

mytich likes this.
  11. mytich

mytich Member

Yeah I think so too unfortunately...

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Many thanks for this information. Worked a treat :D

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Great idea, planning to add it next.
    thanks
    Change wallpaper picture can be modified like this by ImagePlayer.
    upload_2022-2-23_20-22-41.png

dr4go, AngryVirginian and mytich like this.
  14. mytich

mytich Member

That's amazing to hear! Thank you in advance! :)

15. Bigbwb

Bigbwb New Member

can you elaborate on how you copied the fan art jpgs? Are you doing this through zidoo or from the files actually on your server?