Screen lost on 1000pro

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Pearlcahser, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Pearlcahser

Pearlcahser New Member

when i start the Zidoo 1000pro i've got the logo "Zidoo" on the TV screen but when started, the TV says "No source connected".... (Sony AG9)
    I have the zidoo since more than one year and it was ok till then... Always updated with the latest version (when tested OK by first users ;))

I already have this issue 2 weeks ago and i have to reset it in order to work again.

Of course i've tried to change the HDMI cable & ports to see if the TV was involved. I have no issue with other devices. I'd like not to reset my ziddo every 2 weeks...:(

Any ideas ?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like it's outputting in a mode that the TV doesn't support.

Press the Resolution button a few times, pausing between presses to allow HDMI to sync. This cycles through resolutions.

Once you've found one that works you can check your settings.

3. Pearlcahser

Pearlcahser New Member

Thx but i have already checked this solution with no effect...

4. Markswift2003

When you say you had to reset it in order for it to work again, what do you mean?

5. Pearlcahser

Pearlcahser New Member

with the flash procedure from the zidoo site (factory reset by using the reset button et and usb key with the lastest update)

6. Markswift2003

Ok - I thought so - was just checking.

You're not using a custom EDID?

7. Pearlcahser

Pearlcahser New Member

no, same settings for one year

8. Markswift2003

The only thing I can think is, as I say, the TV doesn't like the HDMI mode coming out the Zidoo - I can't think why though.

The other possibility is a faulty box, but because a reset fixes it, I don't think it's that, and to be perfectly honest the hardware is pretty damn rock solid so hardware faults are extremely rare.

There is a PC program called Scrpy that enables you to see the Zidoo screen on a PC even if it can't be seen on the TV so you could see what's going on and what the mode is in settings.

It involves activating Developer Mode, switching on ADB (USB debugging) from Developer Mode and then running Scrpy (the first time you run it you need to see the TV screen to agree to it being used. I use it a lot..

upload_2022-10-10_11-6-24.png

9. Pearlcahser

Pearlcahser New Member

Thx for these informations, i'll carry on investigations