Scraping, Shares, nothing working for me on Z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AidenL, Jan 30, 2023.

1. AidenL

AidenL New Member

I have spent the weekend trying to set up my new Z1000.

It doesnt seem to recognise my shares, no matter what way I go, SMB or NFS. Yet other devices can read files from my Synology. When I go to Add Source, it adds it, but when I try to scan, it starts, but then reports as Invalid.

As my Sony TV Media Player and the Apple TV using the Infuse app can read, play and scrape metadata for all the shares I set up previously, but the Zidoo can't, does that not mean the shares are set up correctly, and the issue is with the Zidoo and / or its scraping?

Bearing in mind that the Zidoo had been scraping up till lunchtime yesterday, and then all of a sudden all the sources read as Invalid, and no scraping possible. The only thing I changed was moving mkv files from my own Movies shared folder into a sub-folder called Movies, under the default Synology Video folder.

One other item of note - I clicked on a 4k movie file inadvertantly while changing settings on a 1080 res TV. Right after that was when the issue started - surely that cant have had any bearing on the scraping issue.

I suppose basically I'm wondering am I on the wrong trail looking at the shares issue, and is it scraping settings?

As I have a full backup of my NAS on an 20Tb external hard drive, I'm thinking (maybe unnecessarily?) of resetting the NAS, resetting the Zidoo, and starting from scratch again. Would that be crazy? Definitely would be time consuming ! Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.54.01.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.43.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.25.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.05.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.51.40.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.54.01.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.43.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.25.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.52.05.png Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 21.51.40.png

2. AidenL

AidenL New Member

Is there a guide for setting up Scraping? Just to make sure I have the basics on that set up correctly?

When I plugged the Zidoo in first, it was scraping correctly, but then it simply stopped yesterday, despite me not having changed any settings. I did a full reset yesterday afternoon, vis Settings menu, so I guess I'd have to set up again as a result?

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Your sources came up as invalid because you moved the files! They're no longer where you told HT they were.

What you should have done was to add the new folder as a new source, use the Synchronise Data From Other Source function and then delete the old source. This would have transferred the database to the new source.

If you've reset the Zidoo you now just have to add the new folder as a source (use SMB) and scrape again.

For reference, these are my settings for HT (bare in mind a lot of these are simply personal preferences):

Zidoo HT Settings.png

AidenL likes this.
  4. AidenL

AidenL New Member

Thanks @Markswift2003

I have added new sources since though, so should it not be able to scrape them, even if the old ones are invalid? or does the fact that the old folders still exist on there, with less content confuse the situation?

5. Markswift2003

Can you post a screen shot of your sources screen?

6. AidenL

AidenL New Member

From the Zidoo sources screen or the Synology screen?

7. Markswift2003

The Zidoo

AidenL likes this.
  8. AidenL

AidenL New Member

Will, do. Not at home till tomorrow evening, so will post up then. Thanks for all your help. :)

9. Markswift2003

AidenL likes this.
  10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Quite often 4 out of 5 times the "Synchronize data from other sources" works initially until fist update scan. It starts matching all movies again. I can't find what the trigger is to accept or refuse the matching database.
    Synchronize data can only be used once from old disconnected source. You can't synchronize again to the same or different source.

There is also something strange going on with Zidoo player and Samba server. They somehow lockup on each other.
    OpenWrt from my old X9S was a lot more robust and had top speed performance.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023