Schedule folder scan time?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Michael Mamone, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Hey all,

I've got a Z9X, and I leave it running 24x7 in the hope that it does library scans when I'm not watching anything.
    However, regularly, I find that I'll watch content, and then playback starts to stutter. When I check, it's because a scan has started on one of my folders. If I stop the scan, playback no longer stutters.

Is there way to schedule scans so that they don't interrupt playback?

For reference, using a wired gigabit connection over NFS, connected to a Synology NAS.

vddan likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No idea what's going on there - it shouldn't do that.

It only scans when new content is add or old content changes, so if you add a new movie, it scans, takes maybe 5-10s to finish, and then it's done - I can't think of a reason why it would scan when you're watching something unless someone else is changing something in the sources at the same time?

3. Well I've usually got processes running in the background moving movies/shows around - so files may update while I'm watching something.
    Kicker is, the TV folder has over 10,000 files in it, so the update does take a while.