Rewind/fast forward music playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Six66Mike, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

I'm wondering if there's an app that supports music playback which allows for you to rewind or fast forward within a song. I tried the remote control using Media Center but all it did was go to the start of the song or skip to the next track, no option to scan forward/backward within the song.

I'm using the playback through my stereo to help in learning songs and playing along with them on guitar/drums, so you can go back over a tricky part several times until you work it out, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I tried the Jellyfin client too but that seemed to do the same thing as Media Center.

Any ideas? Using a Z9X player.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Using MP7, with focus on the progress bar at the bottom, use the left/right cursor keys:

upload_2023-12-13_10-38-57.png

pressing right key:
    upload_2023-12-13_10-39-48.png

Six66Mike likes this.
  3. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Thanks, I'll give this app another try. I ditched it when I couldn't get rid of all the default genres and other clutter I had no use for, can't even remember now.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

If you play from Media Center, MP7 is invoked and playback starts with focus on the Play/Pause button so it's simply a matter of pressing the down arrow to put focus on the progress bar - probably a lot easier than using MP7 to scan a library.

Six66Mike likes this.
  5. Six66Mike

Six66Mike Member

Legend. Now to see if I can land a 2nd Z9X player for the new space.

Markswift2003 likes this.