Restore prior OS version.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by airstreamer, Jan 22, 2016.

1. airstreamer

airstreamer New Member

I want to update to the new version 1.0.30.

I am concerned that if I have some problems with this new version, how will I revert to the good prior installed version of 1.0.27?

Do I simply reinstall the 1.0.27 zip file using the Update app?

Thanks... Tom

2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

if you had searched you had found it
    we had this gone thru mimnimum for times the last week

3. airstreamer

airstreamer New Member

I have searched for anything related to restoring the prior version of the OS. The only thing I could see was related to factory reset which I don't think is what I was looking for. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

4. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Searching often is not easy, but there is a lot of explanation around.
    Anyway...
    Currently direct downgrading seems not possible.
    The procedure to safely downgrade is still possible and reliable, by flashing FW image 1.0.19, the only one available as IMG (look for procedure on Zidoo site / blog / forum), is the same procedure to use for "soft brick recovery", and after that you can do an upgrade using OTA files to the release you like.
    Keep in mind that flashing image will completely erase device (factory reset and little more), and that you need a Window PC (of course) and a USB cable with Type A connectors on BOTH sides.

Advice for Zidoo: add a similar explanation in a FAQ, this will simplify helping new users (and lazy ones, if the FAQ is present end exhaustive)

5. airstreamer

airstreamer New Member

Thanks for that explanation. It clears up at lot of questions in my mind. I had seen the description of the flash procedure in the Zidoo blogs but didn't think that it applied to my question. One issue remains though. Can I upgrade from 1.0.19 directly to 1.0.30 or do I have to apply intermediate releases one at a time?

Thanks... Tom.

6. spring

spring Guest

Hi:
    yes.

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Thanks,I added it in zidoo x6 FAQ thread.