Request: Internal Player support for Emby

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

We are getting support it looks like for Plex, Jellyfin, ROON and Jriver with ROON and Jellyfin working already.

I would like to see Emby being close to Jellyfin but with the difference that the Server in fact runs nicely on any Android based media player with decent CPU power. This may be a previous generation player lying there around unused. Have plenty of those myself and in fact re-used an Egreat A10 for that.
    A media player running SMB Server too makes a great server as it is small, using very little power and extremely easy to setup. You only need to configure Emby Server itself which is fairly simple to do to even when enabled for access via Public Internet. The last is very practical for sharing big Music Collections. The fact it is open source based makes privacy here specifically relevant.

The Android client also runs nicely on any Zidoo but it will use its own Emby players for playing Video and Music. It obviously needs to be capable to call the native Zidoo players instead similar to KODI/ZDMC.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Emby went closed source, that's why Jellyfin came to light.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

I think it's still valid.
    Just give it some time, I'm sure there will be an Android Server at some point.