Remote control

Discussion in 'Eversolo' started by oleszcz, Mar 16, 2024.

1. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

I have this suggestion: Is it possible to create one remote control that will support both DMP-A6 ME and DAC-Z8? I have both of these devices and two AMP-F2. I turn on the entire system using the DMP-A6 remote control. But I have to control the volume with the Z8 remote control. If these two remote controls were combined into one larger one, it would be an excellent solution. Many remote controls for other devices have such solutions, for example, they control receivers, DVD players and TVs, and everything fits in one remote control.
    Please think about it.

2. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

you can always leave the Z8 at 0dB and control the volume by the A6...
    alternatively you can think of a Harmony remote.

Stopeter44 likes this.
  3. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

Yes, but if I turn down the volume on DMP-A6, I will lose the MQA certificate.

4. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Oh, it's all about the MQA BS then...
    MQA is dead. It was a scam, it was bad for music, introduced harmonic and distortion artifacts.
    Let it die and enjoy the real thing. Please.
    P.S.
    This is the reality; I didn't want to hurt your feelings, and if I did, my apologies.

Glerup71 likes this.
  5. oleszcz

oleszcz New Member

Thank you for this attention. You encouraged me to look for information about MQA. I read an interesting article. And in fact, the matter is not clear and not obvious. I have seen data, charts, comparisons and tests... However, in listening to those describing the case, it is clear that there is a difference in favor of MQA. But he points out that TIDAL cheats on MQA. I don't have any files recorded in MQA. I listen to TIDAL and that will have to be enough for me for now.
    Coming back to the topic of volume, maybe I will decide to set Z8 to "0" and control it using DMP-A6. :)

Attached Files:

Nutul likes this.