Remote control backlight button issue

Discussion in 'other' started by Frostb!te, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

The new remote control I received with the Zidoo Z9X Pro is a pretty good upgrade to the one I received with my Z9S. I missed the backlight for years. I think the remote control is called V12.

But mine has a really annoying behaviour. At the beginning I thought it might be a loose contact or I am not pressing the backlight button hard enough. The problem is: when I press the backlight button, lights are turned on for a couple of seconds and turned off afterwards. That's fine. However, when I press that button again, the backlights are just flashing up shortly. So I need to press once again.

In other words: each time after the backlight got turned off automatically, I need to press the backlight button twice to get backlight again.

Is this a bug or a feature? Does your remote behave the same?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It should be the V11 not the V12 - does it have orange power keys or green ones?

Assuming its a V11 (orange keys) then the backlight comes on when you press any button and stays on for about 5s. A good way to bring it up and not send a command to the box is to use the source button (top right). The "i" button is also easy to find in the dark as it has a raised pip on it.

The backlight button is only used to switch the backlight feature on or off, it's not used to actually activate the backlight. That's why you need to press it twice because the first time you're turning the backlight feature off.

(The V12 is a lot better as that has a motion sensor and the backlight comes on when you pick it up)

3. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Yep, 2 orange keys at the top. It's a V11 then.

lmfao :D Now it all makes sense. Will do the the "i" button workaround from now on, too.

And besides the top key colors they are the same, right? Well if zidoo support will manage to fix my wifi upload issue (or confirm its a hardware defect and I got a new device) I'll consider to buy that V12 remote control.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The V12 also has bluetooth and the motion sensor. The V11 is IR only.

Frostb!te likes this.