release naskit for X6(test only)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by spring, Mar 28, 2016.

1. gokushon

gokushon New Member

@neamielu apparently, it does but only if you use a browser. If you use the ftp command directly it keeps zidoo. I need to synchronise the X6 with my NAS, and to do so I need a direct ftp, rrtr or samba (once is available).

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

gokushon, some thought (coming from my curiosity):
    1. do you need to change FTP password every time your NAS communicate with X6, or simply once to change default one?
      Because if you are able to change and save a new FTP password from a browser, this seems enough for your needs.
    2. I think FTP default port on NASKit set on 2121 is because on Linux and derived (like Android) ports under 1024 are "privileged" and root access is needed to assign them.
      I suppose Zidoo made NASKit "ready to use" (more or less) also for not rooted X6 devices. Anyway a choice to change port with advertise of root needed to choose port under 1024 is fine.
    Anyway is a strange limitation that your NAS FTP client is not able to change FTP port to access to. Port 21 is typical, but absolutely NON mandatory.
    You may also ask to your NAS productor to improve their software, is a right and fully justified request.

3. neamielu

neamielu Member

NASKit installation is NOT resilient. After you update to the new firmware, you need to reinstall it and you will lose all the queued torrents and all the settings (paths, rules, accounts, passwords).
    Cannot be used this way, please fix the settings in a resilient file somewhere.

4. gokushon

gokushon New Member

@PacoRabane

1. I only want to change the password once. I don't have to, but that way I have the same root/admin password on all my devices.
    2. In the NAS you can select any port, you're right. But I am lazy, and I prefer to type from the command line just ftp 192.168.2.7 ;-)

Anyway I will keep with zidoo until they release the final version.

Regards

5. PacoRabanne

gokushon, you are right.
    Is only a test version.

6. gokushon

gokushon New Member

Does anyone know how to totally uninstall Naskit? I have tried to remove the application, but it still start sshd.
    After many tests I prefer to use Linux Deploy and the chance to still by myselft proftp,jdownloader and transmission-daemon. It's more flexible.

7. neamielu

neamielu Member

@spring please post instructions to full uninstall NASkit

8. neamielu

neamielu Member

hey, Zidoo team, PLEASE, post instructions to uninstall NASkit!

9. PacoRabanne

neamielu, you are fairly hammering Zidoo.

But, again, the silence from Zidoo is stunning!!!
    Now I'm a little sad...

10. neamielu

neamielu Member

if no answer by the end of the week will factory default it after backup kodi settings (i hope this would work, if not, I will reinstall everything) and will make sure none of my friends will buy this very supported piece of crap.

11. spring

spring Guest

in the next version, we will add a button to remove it.

PacoRabanne likes this.
  12. neamielu

neamielu Member

thanx, @spring, the next version of naskit or the next version of firmware?
    maybe you can rather talk to software developers to fix the lost queue and settings issue after restart / firmware update, because transmission is a very good torrent client, it's a pity to don't use it. still, it cannot be used if it loses all settings and - more important - the torrents queue.

13. neamielu

neamielu Member

any news re fixing NASkit issues or the uninstall button?

14. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@spring

Please always consider multi-language approach. This is my proposal.

English strings - for translator that want to add a new language
    Italian string - to add Italian language. please use it for next release.
    new apk - include Chinese/Taiwanese/English + Italian language

If anyone want to add new language please translate English strings and post here the new language.
    I will rebuild the app for test.

Attached Files:

15. spring

spring Guest

OK, thanks!

16. nakata

nakata Member Beta test group

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  17. spring

spring Guest

ok,ths!

18. bovirus

@nakata
    Please test version eng/ita/grk.

Attached Files:

19. neamielu

neamielu Member

is this version keeping the history and settings after reboot or firmware upgrade? or is the same, just some more languages added?

20. bovirus

@neamielu

Is the same version (1.0.9) posted plus Italian/Greek language.