Record/stream whole screen, not only HDMI-in

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by angelos_cy, Oct 25, 2016.

1. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

This would be a useful feature. There are many occasions when someone would like to stream or record whatever our device shows, not only what HDMI-in shows. Would it be possible to add this feature in the near future?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Technically very feasible but if it is legal to do so?

HDMI-IN does not support HDCP protected content recording for a good (legal) reason. Recording the screen will have the same problems.
    But using the many screen copy/clone technologies one must be able to record it with some tool on some platform for sure. Some PQ quality loss is always the case.

- Answers your HDCP question too.
    - I also see you are looking at the copy/clone option already.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. angelos_cy

angelos_cy New Member

Hi!

I would use this feature to stream movies on my tablet, when I'm not at home. I have a USB hard disk drive with plenty of movies, which is connected to my X9S. It would be ideal if I was able to stream these movies on my tablet or any other device when away. Others could use this suggested feature to stream Android games they play on X9S.

My other thread about HDCP is about not copyrighted channels. My cable TV service subscription includes TV channels with not-copyrighted shows. I never thought that there would be such a limitation on my X9S. I haven't seen it being stated anywhere!