Record Music to MP3/FLAC

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Monkey3017, Feb 17, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I would like to attach an anlog-digital converter to the TosLink input and then use an APP to record the music. Has somebody already tried this?

Thanks!

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You want to do vinyl/LP recording that way?

3. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

Yes, this is what I intend to do. I want to use the Pro-Ject Optical Box E Phono with Toslink for this.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I don't see a record function for any other source than the CD-Player. Only DAC output can be selected for digital inputs.
    An added APP might do the trick. Do you have one in mind?

Isn't it easier to use a PC for this?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  5. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

Yes!

6. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

Ok, I will then use a PC for this. I found the adapter "Cubilux SPDIF zu USB A" which aparently does exactly what I need. There are plenty CHINCH to USB converters but those simulate a microphone on the PC, I get a lot of noise with those.

7. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I got this all working now. This "Cubilux SPDIF zu USB A" adapter is working nicely.
    I am using Audacity using text labels to split the recording into parts which I save as flac.
    I connected the line-out of the pre-amp to my Topping PA5 II and the output of the computer to the DAC in the DMP6 (which is using the balanced input). So I can quickly switch between the original, analog source and what goes through the computer.

There is a minimal latency, as expected, but the quality is very good. Maybe some dynamic is lost, similar as when using the Toslink as input in the DAC.

What I cannot say, is, if the digital data from toslink is used like it is as digital data. But I doubt that there is a DAC in this little adapter, which is only 24€ and mavbe 1*1*1.5 cm.
    (BTW: I tried to use the device with the DAC input of the A6, that does not do anything. It also does not work with my Android Phone.)

Remik likes this.
  8. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

In the product description clearly states it is for PC stereo recording ONLY, not for playback purposes.