Recommended SSD Drives

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by groglein, May 23, 2023.

1. neoitata

neoitata Member

Do you think (according to 3mm thickness specs), this one will fit inside A6?
    https://www.axagon.eu/en/produkty/clr-m2l3
    And do i need to remove brand sticker from ssd before mounting thermal pad and heatsink?

Inti likes this.
  2. Inti

Inti Active Member

Hi I think this is the one hope so I have ordered it

3. neoitata

neoitata Member

4TB SSD just installed, recognised by A6 no problem, formatted to NTFS, free space 3.73 TB, will free more space in windows, works like charm.
    There's not any chance to install heatsink + thermal pad on it (even if it's 2mm thick).
    I think, the SSD cover is from aluminum so is some kind of heatsink too.
    We'll see how will be in the future.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    Antonio66 likes this.
  4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For 3mm space you need to push that ring aside. ;)

5. neoitata

neoitata Member

yea i know, it's not about ring. Thermal pad wich come with heatsink is pretty thick too, so no way to fit.

Attached Files:

6. Bkido

Bkido New Member

I'm running my Crucial P3 without heatsink without any issues. The SSD controllers in general mostly only really heat up when reading/writing large chunks of data at high rates. Once the data is on there and and only read for streaming especially with a pci-e 3.0 ssd heat shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    ammar11 and neoitata like this.
  7. neoitata

neoitata Member

I use my SSD like internal storage for my big music collection and i think there will be no problem at all.
    Currently i transfer music from my external HDD and all work flawlessly.

Bkido likes this.
  8. aangen

aangen New Member

I used one of these with zero issues, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD.

9. wcseow

wcseow Member

Hi. Have a question.
    I just installed a Crucial SSD into my A6. My fast figures have it formatted in exFAT and luckily the A6 recognised it.
    But then upon the next reboot , I notice A6 auto populate the SSD with folders.Folders like DCIM, Pictures etc.

1. Is this normal?
    2. If I am to delete all those folders, will it appear again?….lol. I know I can always try it but a bit hesitant as I don’t have Computers to format the SSD if A6 chose not to recognise it after that.

Thanks

10. Nice Monkey

Can confirm it does this. No need for all that but it happens (=Android shit).

MultiStream and Nutul like this.
  11. wcseow

wcseow Member

Lol....so it's normal. If I am to delete those folders, will Mr Android recreate it again.?

12. Inti

Inti Active Member

Yes i dos I have deleted it a few times but it still returns

13. wcseow

wcseow Member

Lol...OK. Guess will live with it.

14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

It's an Android thingy. It happens on all other Android boxes I owned (not that many, 3 maybe).

15. Nice Monkey

No it is not. It does not do this on Zidoo boxes. Only the Android and Lost Items dirs are created there.

16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

It did on my Z9X, all 11 disks. These boxes are the only Androids in my home, we're on Apple ecosystem.

17. wcseow

wcseow Member

Will it be different if it is formatted as exFat or NTFS

18. Nice Monkey

No

@ammar11
    And no it does not create all those Android standard smart-phone dirs on HDD's connected to a Zidoo Player. Just a few.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    MultiStream likes this.
  19. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

I can now confirm that the 2Tb Kingston PCIe 4.0 drive works OK. I pre-formatted it NTFS and pre-loaded about 1.3Tb of music files. The A6 recognised it immediately and after a period of scanning all is well.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
  20. crocky

crocky New Member

I have loaded a Kingston 2Tb PCIe 4.0 drive and it was recognised by the A6 and I formatted it with fat32 and loaded around 24,000 music files to it via the NAS over the network and so far it’s good…

Antonio66 likes this.